Long distance

Reaction score
Anyone ever made a flight this far with phantom 3 se?
6a06e80cb26ab810faf43d5f7f08b2b2.jpg

I get a warning stating my waypoints are too far apart when planning with so few markers. Gives me a warning and numbers like 3500 ft is too far spaced. I can fly the mission but BOY am I worried till I hear it again. Whew!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Anyone ever made a flight this far with phantom 3 se?
6a06e80cb26ab810faf43d5f7f08b2b2.jpg
Wow. Think a lot of guys would love to know how you got litchi to do a one way flight as it won't let you as waypoints are to far. Nice distance mate. Haven't done that far at all. But have done an 18 mins flight so I know how scary it is lol. Was it mission based or a one way Manuel flight? If so how did you keep signal?

Reactions: Rohanm and Plbjr
Waypoints must be no more than 2000 m apart, INCLUDING the first and last waypoints. Therefore, you cannot do a one-way flight that long. You’ll have to plan it as a round trip and be there at the end to take control before it tries to head back. You’ll also need to turn off smartRTH or it will abort the mission at some point when it determines it doesn’t have enough battery to complete the round trip. Watch the following video. Be sure to read the description below the video as he explains his initial failure due to smartRTH.

Reactions: Rohanm and JazzAir
6754.4 metres or 22,160 feet outbound - 13.51 km / 44,360 feet total upon return - landed with 8% - won't seek to best this

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom Wayne
Ca anyone help me. I am new to drone flying I have a Phantom 3 SE. I can not get past 3500 feet with the drone before I lose connection. I am in an open field out in the country with nothing but crops around me I have a very clear line of sight and I also have a parabolic range booster on it. (Skyreat) and help would be greatly appreciated.

nope I cant even go past 3500 feet even in an open field what is the secret to getting at least 2.5 miles like promoted.

Quality antenna ALFA APA M25 - These don't need to be expensive or flashy to work well USD 12.95 each
Insulated cables inside controller x 3
Magic Power software reconfiguration

Sunhans 2w 5ghz booster - approx USD 38 - can get away with one as antenna is diversity based - though I use two
Free shipping Original Sunhans SH 2500 WiFi Signal Booster 2.4Ghz 2500mW 34dBm IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless Signal amplifier-in Signal Boosters from Cellphones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Sunhans 2.5w 5ghz booster - approx USD 84
100% Original Sunhans 2W 5.8GHz 33dBm WiFi Signal Booster Repeater Wireless Amplifier UAV WiFi Signal Booster-in Signal Boosters from Cellphones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:
Wow. Think a lot of guys would love to know how you got litchi to do a one way flight as it won't let you as waypoints are to far. Nice distance mate. Haven't done that far at all. But have done an 18 mins flight so I know how scary it is lol. Was it mission based or a one way Manuel flight? If so how did you keep signal?

Was that an autonomous flight or did you maintain control and video throughout & whats your controller setup ?

My max is 22,160 feet Outbound and same distance return using the Standard/SE controller

Last edited:
Was that an autonomous flight or did you maintain control and video throughout & whats your controller setup ?

My max is 22,160 feet Outbound and same distance return using the Standard/SE controller
how did you get 22K with out any modification to your controller that is what I want to do I don't want to add all that bulky hardware to mine.

how did you get 22K with out any modification to your controller that is what I want to do I don't want to add all that bulky hardware to mine.

Its just not possible to get 20,000 in a fully controlled flight without modification of that controller. Playing with reflectors is like placing your faith in witchcraft. I've tried every recommendation from reflector, to argtek to itelite dbs - the argtek is useless and the itelite overpriced producing a very narrow width signal.

The default external 5.8ghz omni antenna used for control with its low signal strength is just not up to the job and the two internal 2.4ghz panel antenna are also fairly feeble. The internal cables linking to these antenna are low quality and prone to attenuation of signal.

To get any real distance, You need greater signal strength and a focused signal which a good low cost panel antenna like the Alfa will provide.

Before modifications, all I could get was about 500 yards in flat country with trees - CE Europe. In my case, all modifications can be removed and reverted to default. I could make the controller more compact however i didnt want to drill the housing, hence the Argtek bracket.

Last edited:
View attachment 101260

Its just not possible to get 20,000 in a fully controlled flight without modification of that controller. Playing with reflectors is like placing your faith in witchcraft. I've tried every recommendation from reflector, to argtek to itelite dbs - the argtek is useless and the itelite overpriced producing a very narrow width signal.

The default external 5.8ghz omni antenna used for control with its low signal strength is just not up to the job and the two internal 2.4ghz panel antenna are also fairly feeble. The internal cables linking to these antenna are low quality and prone to attenuation of signal.

To get any real distance, You need greater signal strength and a focused signal which a good low cost panel antenna like the Alfa will provide.

Before modifications, all I could get was about 500 yards in flat country with trees - CE Europe. In my case, all modifications can be removed and reverted to default. I could make the controller more compact however i didnt want to drill the housing, hence the Argtek bracket.

My device also has a payload dropper fitted - triggers when i turn on the red lights - great little device
how much did your whole system cost and how hard to install it

Internal antenna 2.4ghz is diversity based - you only need to boost one, components as follows:

Magic Power configuration - instructions Phantom 3 standard magic power mod
2 x 8" Mini PCI IPX U.FL to RP-SMA Antenna RG178 Cable for DJI Phantom 3 Standard - cables to allow external connection to Sunhans boosters USD 10
2 x Alfa APA-M25 - USD 30
1 x Sunhans 2.5w for 2.4ghz - USD 40
1 x Sunhans 2w for 5.8ghz booster - USD 90
DC 12680 Battery - USD 10
Some sort of mount to hold these things under your controller - else 3M high adhesive double sided tape

Instructions to upgrade antenna Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT