Log Cabin Video

"I have yet to use 2.7k mainly because I don't think my computer could handle it. One of these days soon I'm going to test it out. What's the best way to crop from 2.7 to 1080? I use GoPro Studio and Final Cut Pro X on an iMac."

Yes I had to buy a new pc, made sure you get one with a dedicated graphics card of at least 2gb and another 6gb ram. 2.7k crop to 1080, Gopro studio has it in the settings when you covert/edit, I think. Never done because 2.7k works for me.

have a look at Mitch's video and judge for yourself; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoF9FYTgFPQ

Cheers Mark

I just shot my first video at and over a river down in the Missouri Ozarks. My Phantom crashed on my first flight but I won't get into that here but my yaw got broken and was bound up but I flew again to get some video. I can see two things that I need to figure out how to setup is the pitch control of the camera is much to fast. I want the control to move the camera much slower. The other is the speed at which yaw turns the Phantom. I would like it to be a lot slower. When I would do a 90 degree yaw it rotated way faster than I want in my video. I'll figure it out in time.

iversens said:
Very well done! I didn't see any Phantom shadows. Are you using an ND filter?

Thanks. Yeah, I made a conscience effort to keep the P2 shadow out of the shot this time. Not easy to do when the sun is low in the sky, turns out.

Yes, I use a ND filter.

VERY nice indeed! Which ND? ND4 or ND8 or ?

Really love this video. Watched it twice. :) Really liked the controlled tilt up or down while ascending or descending. Well done. I wouldn't change a thing, although... that place looks really isolated, I would love for you to go up to about 1000 feet so I can see what's around it. :)

badbrad97 said:
Really love this video. Watched it twice. :) Really liked the controlled tilt up or down while ascending or descending. Well done. I wouldn't change a thing, although... that place looks really isolated, I would love for you to go up to about 1000 feet so I can see what's around it. :)

Thanks! The place is Kennedy Meadows, which is in the southern Sierra Mountains in California. It's a small mountain community about 45 minutes from where I live in the high desert. It is isolated. They've only have phone service for around 10 years now. Electrical power comes from generators and/or solar power, as there is no other source of electricity. Internet and TV is by Satellite providers only. Many folks up there are retired and most built their own log cabins.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik