Live video software question

Reaction score
I operate a Phantom 4 Pro. My father and I may setup a business where we do structural inspections such as roof damage or gutter cleaning on residential housing units or damage and structural conditions of grain elevators. We are trying to find a video software program or package that allows us to live stream the video feed from the Phantom to a laptop on the ground so that our potential clients, owners of properties, and/or structural experts can see what the UAV is seeing live during the flights instead of having to either squint at the tablet or smartphone screens on the remote or having to wait for the UAV to land to retrieve the SD card. Video editing would be a plus. What software programs or packages would you recommend that would work on both PC and Mac and allow to live stream video to a laptop? If necessary, would these software packages have apps that work with both Android and Apple phones and tablets? Also what additional software and hardware may be required to carry out this desired task? Thanks.

I operate a Phantom 4 Pro. My father and I may setup a business where we do structural inspections such as roof damage or gutter cleaning on residential housing units or damage and structural conditions of grain elevators. We are trying to find a video software program or package that allows us to live stream the video feed from the Phantom to a laptop on the ground so that our potential clients, owners of properties, and/or structural experts can see what the UAV is seeing live during the flights instead of having to either squint at the tablet or smartphone screens on the remote or having to wait for the UAV to land to retrieve the SD card. Video editing would be a plus. What software programs or packages would you recommend that would work on both PC and Mac and allow to live stream video to a laptop? If necessary, would these software packages have apps that work with both Android and Apple phones and tablets? Also what additional software and hardware may be required to carry out this desired task? Thanks.

In short...Your P4P has HDMI out on the controller. What you need is a Ground Station setup or a DIY Field Monitor w/HDMI In, and your good to go. You can do some research with this tidbit of info to determine which setup will work best for your needs. Good Luck!

Legit question here, I'm not criticizing or downplaying your business aspirations at all. As a drone owner and 107 certified guy with a structural engineering degree, the stuff you said makes sense. But I can't remember who it was, I think it was one of my dads friends who is a business whiz, told me that drones will find their place in that market not by you and I, but by contractors who will do these as "free estimates" to then go after the repair/replace work. Does that make sense? I haven't dove (dived?) head first into anything yet so I really haven't thought much about what this guy said but I'm wondering what your take is

Legit question here, I'm not criticizing or downplaying your business aspirations at all. As a drone owner and 107 certified guy with a structural engineering degree, the stuff you said makes sense. But I can't remember who it was, I think it was one of my dads friends who is a business whiz, told me that drones will find their place in that market not by you and I, but by contractors who will do these as "free estimates" to then go after the repair/replace work. Does that make sense? I haven't dove (dived?) head first into anything yet so I really haven't thought much about what this guy said but I'm wondering what your take is

What? - You must have made a mistake. Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj