Live Streaming NOW!

@ Mario_SB -- check this out. Worked for me..

Pl keep in mind u also have to "enable" live stream on your YouTube account as well.

Sent from iPhone 6 via PhantomPilots mobile app

I got it to work with my P3 a while back, It was only in my basement, but it worked great. Since I got my P4 and the hdmi module, I have only used a monitor or VR goggles, sorry. I'm actually curious if it still works well, I'll stream something later this week and let you know how it goes.

Worked just fine. I've streamed on this thread a few months back with p3p and iPhone 6s+ with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did a short indoor test with Periscope streaming with my iPad. It seems to work, but I need to test it outside to really test it. I am actually more excited about the facebook live streaming. Anyone know when the DJI GO app will be updated for facebook live? They bragged about it enough in the media and I have yet to see an update.

How strong a wind will the Phantom 4 fly in?

Last week I offered to help some people look for a lost dog, I set up a waypoint mission over appx. a square mile, wth 28 waypoints. The wind that day was 15mph with gusts up to 20mph, and it worked great, the video came out smooth as can be, you couldn't tell at all that it was windy. I've see a few other threads where people have flown the P4 near the ocean with 30-35mph wind and apparently it also did very well.

I was able to "Scope" through the Phantom's camera perfectly on my Ipad2 however Periscope requires focus so if you switch to the DJI-Go app, the stream via Periscope stops. Everybody that joined in was pretty amazed. It also uses the microphone in the Ipad so you can respond to questions. The only thing that is challenging is that your #1 priority is flying the drone safely so you have to ignore a lot of the questions and just fly. Plus you can't see the telemetry while Periscope is the focus. Fun though......

Going to live stream my phantom 3 advance today from my home as a test for future events.

If anyone cares to watch it -

May 29th (today), 2016
6:45pm PDT
(Rocklin, CA)

I'm not fully sure how facebook live works so my apologies if I mess something up between now and then.

DJI Phantom 3 live feed - feature test

Going to live stream my phantom 3 advance today from my home as a test for future events.

If anyone cares to watch it -

May 29th (today), 2016
6:45pm PDT
(Rocklin, CA)

I'm not fully sure how facebook live works so my apologies if I mess something up between now and then.

DJI Phantom 3 live feed - feature test

Hi BVC, what's your setup? I too live in the same area and have a P3A as well. thanks in advance. have to go to work soon but am going to try and watch your live test tonight.

Hi BVC, what's your setup? I too live in the same area and have a P3A as well. thanks in advance. have to go to work soon but am going to try and watch your live test tonight.

Just an unmodified P3A. Usually I use a galaxy tab pro hotspot with my iPhone 6s Plus. However I don't think Android yet supports Facebook Live and is currently only on iOS. So Tonight I'll be using my iPhone 6s Plus on Verizon LTE (typically faster internet than my "55 mbps" cable internet).

I'm hoping all goes well! I'm also going to do a data reset on my iPhone so I can gauge how much data is actually used to stream about a 10 minute flight.

I have a lot of camp trips planned this summer (about 6 in total, 3 of them are nearly week long) so I'm hoping at a few trips I can do some live streams for giggles. I'll make it public but it be kinda neat to share with family and friends.

IMG_0495_zpsfpnroy1l.jpg

IMG_0511_zpsdx1zgjdi.jpg

IMG_0505_zps95h0shpl.png

BVC, watched on facebook. pretty cool. just hope dji adds this to android as well.

Thanks! I was hoping the quality would be a bit better.. looked like SD quality on my girlfriends phone.. We noticed it's roughly a 15 second delay.

I hope they add it to Android as well - I use a 8" tablet dedicated to my P3A. Only apple device I have is my iPhone which can be a tad small in comparison.

Question: I have 3GB a month data plan at 4G LTE speed. After the 3GB is used, my phone carrier drops me down to 2G speed (probably too slow to do live streaming?). Does anyone know how long I can do live streaming with the Phantom 3 ADV on 3GB of data?

I have done live streaming on both Periscope and Facebook. Worked well both times. I was using my Verizon service on the Periscope test, and was using home Wi-Fi in my backyard for the Facebook test.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl