Live Streaming NOW!

I'd say that someone could only state that it _may_ affect signal.
I have tried it multiple times and each time it has severely affected the signal. I have tethered 5ghz multiple times and that did not affect signal. So the only conclusion is that 2.4ghz wifi severely affects signal lol

I have done a few live streams with mixed results. Obviously the better connection each party has the better the quality

This morning I flew a little over 5200' on the Florida gulf coast streaming.

I will try to do another flight this afternoon.

If you guys are having trouble streaming on iOS check this out:

Great video, very infromative if you are having problems setting up live streaming.. But the video does nothing to address the lag some be having when streaming from an IOS device to Youtube. I would point out that the Hardware decoder/Encorder option of the Pilot App should only be enable if you are on a iPad Air/2 (A8X chip with 64‑bit architecture and M8 motion coprocessor) As pointed out many times by DJI Reps on here and on RCGroups..

Great video, very infromative if you are having problems setting up live streaming.. But the video does nothing to address the lag some be having when streaming from an IOS device to Youtube. I would point out that the Hardware decoder/Encorder option of the Pilot App should only be enable if you are on a iPad Air/2 (A8X chip with 64‑bit architecture and M8 motion coprocessor) As pointed out many times by DJI Reps on here and on RCGroups..

I thought it was the other way around? The a7 needed to be turned on because it's not as powerful as the A8X?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2280074&page=1135

When hardware decode is enabled on my iPad Air, it will not stream. The video was meant to assist in setting up a live stream. Nothing else.

Going up in 2 minutes.

I notice you have a fair amount of trees around your house and when you send the p3 a distance away, the signal would be going through the trees... Not line of sight. I'm in the same situation but so far I haven't sent the p3 where I couldn't see it. Guess I should give it a try.

I notice you have a fair amount of trees around your house and when you send the p3 a distance away, the signal would be going through the trees... Not line of sight. I'm in the same situation but so far I haven't sent the p3 where I couldn't see it. Guess I should give it a try.
Absolutely! Go for it! Bring her up a couple hundred feet and go out. If u happen to lose signal, she will return to home on her own. No worries. I've had it initiate a return to home on its own many times, due to lose if signal, with no issues.

I missed it live but saw it recorded. Seemed much better than YouTube but Twitch was pretty good too.

Only thing about the Shou TV stuff is its a bit clunky to get an account setup if you don't use the social services (FaceBook, Twitter etc.). They really want you to but even if I did use any of those I'd feel a bit nervous about passing my credentials through Shou TV. I know that Shou TV is an App Store App but Shou Recorder isn't and is largely side-loaded on non-jailbroken iOS devices. Both Shou TV and Shou Recorder use the same user database backend.

I missed it live but saw it recorded. Seemed much better than YouTube but Twitch was pretty good too.

Only thing about the Shou TV stuff is its a bit clunky to get an account setup if you don't use the social services (FaceBook, Twitter etc.). They really want you to but even if I did use any of those I'd feel a bit nervous about passing my credentials through Shou TV. I know that Shou TV is an App Store App but Shou Recorder isn't and is largely side-loaded on non-jailbroken iOS devices. Both Shou TV and Shou Recorder use the same user database backend.

I used my new nexus 6 I got yesterday just to test how well it works. Very smooth on my end and the recorded stream on shou looked pretty good. Loving this phone so far. I am still waiting for should to update the iOS app so that streaming will work on 8.3

For you guys streaming, how much data is say...a 15 or 20 min flight? Any body ever check that? I am curious so I know how much data to buy with my tablet. If anyone knows please post it up.

thanks

Live from Treasure Island SF ca
Right now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119