live feed problems

Reaction score
Hi All
I am a new phantom 4 pro owner and am new to Phantom Pilots and i am looking for help /ideas .
i started out on the DJI forum looking for answers but the admin seemed to get bored and stop replying when their suggestion didnt work .
My i pad does not show any live feed .
i am using and ipad air 2 and DJI go 4 latest version

i have tried .

1) updating software and refreshing update with Assistant 2
2) changing lead with a friends unit on which the lead works fine it is not the lead
3) relinking the remote controller by pushing the little button between the sd slot and the micro usb socket
4) tried a samsung S8 this gave a slighlty better result but the image just appeared in the top 10% of the screen and was frozen .
5) tried taking the sd card out and putting it back in again by both removing it while craft was on and off at no point did screen flicker .
6) neither ipad or S8 had a tab on the remote controller setting page that says "advanced settings" as it was suggested that i use this to select phantom 4
7) ive switched between 2.4 and 5.8ghz neither shows an image
8) tried Litchi on a mates ipad no image their either

the camera works as i can get pics& videos from the sd card once landed but i cant tell what i am taking photos of while flying
The handset shows it is receiving a signal see screen shot below .
The about section of the menu says remote controller version unknown when on the i pad when on the S8 it says 1.04.01.00
1543352403912.png

1543352086996.png

1543352025201.png

Hi All
I am a new phantom 4 pro owner and am new to Phantom Pilots and i am looking for help /ideas .
i started out on the DJI forum looking for answers but the admin seemed to get bored and stop replying when their suggestion didnt work .
My i pad does not show any live feed .
i am using and ipad air 2 and DJI go 4 latest version

i have tried .

1) updating software and refreshing update with Assistant 2
2) changing lead with a friends unit on which the lead works fine it is not the lead
3) relinking the remote controller by pushing the little button between the sd slot and the micro usb socket
4) tried a samsung S8 this gave a slighlty better result but the image just appeared in the top 10% of the screen and was frozen .
5) tried taking the sd card out and putting it back in again by both removing it while craft was on and off at no point did screen flicker .
6) neither ipad or S8 had a tab on the remote controller setting page that says "advanced settings" as it was suggested that i use this to select phantom 4
7) ive switched between 2.4 and 5.8ghz neither shows an image
8) tried Litchi on a mates ipad no image their either

the camera works as i can get pics& videos from the sd card once landed but i cant tell what i am taking photos of while flying
The handset shows it is receiving a signal see screen shot below .
The about section of the menu says remote controller version unknown when on the i pad when on the S8 it says 1.04.01.00
View attachment 105724
View attachment 105723
View attachment 105722
What do you mean when you said lead?

Did you replace the cable that goes from the RC to your ipad? I once had a similar problem and was able to fix it by deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Perhaps the usb port in your RC is busted and some solders have come lose.

Forget about the S8 for now and lets do a step by stem with the ipad. I will try to reply as fast as I can to help you.

After all that you have done, I would say the next thing to try is finding somebody else with a second remote that is compatible with your copter and first link and then try that. If that works - which I suspect it will if you have ruled all else out - you can focus on it. That’s assuming that by update all software, you also meant you refreshed your remote’s firmware.

What do you mean when you said lead?

Did you replace the cable that goes from the RC to your ipad? I once had a similar problem and was able to fix it by deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Perhaps the usb port in your RC is busted and some solders have come lose.

Forget about the S8 for now and lets do a step by stem with the ipad. I will try to reply as fast as I can to help you.

Yes i did mean I had replaced the cable from the handset to the Ipad with one i know worked as it was the one on my mates p3 ,We also tried using my cable to connect his handset to my ipad and it worked there .I have also tried deleting and reistalling DJI go 4 ,installing previous version of DJI go and trying a different app called Litchi (or someting similar ) all of which gave no live screen picture .

After all that you have done, I would say the next thing to try is finding somebody else with a second remote that is compatible with your copter and first link and then try that. If that works - which I suspect it will if you have ruled all else out - you can focus on it. That’s assuming that by update all software, you also meant you refreshed your remote’s firmware.
i have put a post on Facebook but nobody i know locally has a p4p .I have not seen an option to update the handset firmware alone it just says update firmware could you please clarify how exactly to update the remote controller firmware ,

i have put a post on Facebook but nobody i know locally has a p4p .I have not seen an option to update the handset firmware alone it just says update firmware could you please clarify how exactly to update the remote controller firmware ,
Download on your pc or mac DJI Assistant 2. Connect your cotroller to the pc and once recognized, do the firmware update. Once you have done this, do the same process on the aircraft. Just to make sure both are on the same firmware.

Edit: make sure the other part isn't turned on when doing the firmware. Example; if you are working on remote, leave aircraft off.

Download on your pc or mac DJI Assistant 2. Connect your cotroller to the pc and once recognized, do the firmware update. Once you have done this, do the same process on the aircraft. Just to make sure both are on the same firmware.

Edit: make sure the other part isn't turned on when doing the firmware. Example; if you are working on remote, leave aircraft off.
i am trying this now but i havnt got usb to usb lead as it was on my laptop so am just downloading assistant 2 on the ipad I cant find Assistant 2 on the ipad I can only find assistant is this the same program

Last edited:
i am trying this now but i havnt got usb to usb lead as it was on my laptop so am just downloading assistant 2 on the ipad
i have now found lead but i have connected the handset and it does not connect on the screen as it did with the drone

i am trying this now but i havnt got usb to usb lead as it was on my laptop so am just downloading assistant 2 on the ipad I cant find Assistant 2 on the ipad I can only find assistant is this the same program
There is no DJI Assistant on the iPad

Use the cable provided by DJI. Connect it to the controller by the Micro USB, not regular one. The regular side goes into the pc
i do not have the cable provided by dji but i do have other usb to micro usb leads which i am trying none of them seem to be doing anything .I am plugging the micro usb into the handset and the usb end into the laptop as i did with the drone
it sits there for a few min and then the handset starts to beep but nothing happens in the assistant app to show it is connecting .

i do not have the cable provided by dji but i do have other usb to micro usb leads which i am trying none of them seem to be doing anything .I am plugging the micro usb into the handset and the usb end into the laptop as i did with the drone
it sits there for a few min and then the handset starts to beep but nothing happens in the assistant app to show it is connecting .
What happens when you select custom channel in transmission settings,does anything change,,,,OTG cable is what should be in box,,mine was missing aswell

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens when you select custom channel in transmission settings,doespecially anything change,,,,OTG cable is what should be in box,,mine was missing aswell
i can not select custom in image transmission settings it is stuck in auto

i can not select custom in image transmission settings it is stuck in auto
Sorry late reply I was experimenting,,my brocast mode is on,I notice your slider switch off,but not sure that solve this,,I also notice you not tryed a reinstall of djigo4 in your first post,,have you tryed this,,,,?delete old one first and the zip file that comes with it,,,it might unfrezze it,,yes should be able to select custom or auto,,I would start again fresh with new install of app

Sorry late reply I was experimenting,,my brocast mode is on,I notice your slider switch off,but not sure that solve this,,I also notice you not tryed a reinstall of djigo4 in your first post,,have you tryed this,,,,?delete old one first and the zip file that comes with it,,,it might unfrezze it,,yes should be able to select custom or auto,,I would start again fresh with new install of app
ok i will try this now

i have deleted the App and reinstalled it still no change cant select custom

i have deleted the App and reinstalled it still no change cant select custom
Can you make a video of you connecting yoyr controller to the pc, turning it on and show us the screen witj dji assistant 2 on? That way I can see if you are doing something wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4