Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Lithium Polymer Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NicolasJamal, Mar 7, 2016.

1. NicolasJamal

Hi all!

I am sick of using lithium polymer batteries lately. After using a battery for one month, it discharges faster then before. Also, while recharging it, I need to stay close to it for safety reasons (overheat, overcharge, explosions: as recommended on many blogs). And finally, each time the voltage on one of the cells drops below a certain threshold, I throw away the battery (NimH charging is damaging the batteries).

Do you have any suggestion other than LiPo batteries? If no, what should I do to prevent all of these issues?

Best,

Nicolas

2. Deputy Dog

You could always tape about 50 D cell batteries together and attach them to your Phantom and get about 2 minutes of flight time....if you could get off the ground.

3. N017RW

My #1 suggestion includes LiPo battery (cause nothing commercially available comes close in energy density):

Don't charge them with a NiMH profile.
    Get a balancing charger and use proper CC/CV profile.