Litchi

You're not in the wrong forum just in the wrong topic. This topic is about Litchi not how to comply with FAA regulations. Basically don't watch the Playboy channel then complain when you see nudity.

In reference to the 2 videos above, how are folks meeting the FAA visual line of sight requirement with Litchi? One cannot operate from a moving vehicle in a congested area without a waiver. Are you folks openly snubbing the FAA regs? Not marking your drones with registration numbers? Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.

Flying out of LOS (which is against the all FAA rules and regs) is perfectly acceptable around here. Just don't fly above 400' or you'll get your head chewed off for breaking the law (for which there is no law so long as AMA guidelines are followed when doing so). LOL

gottcha, I'm not going to risk losing my FAA certification or having it come down and possibly injuring someone. There are some informative posts in here though.
You're not in the wrong forum just in the wrong topic. This topic is about Litchi not how to comply with FAA regulations. Basically don't watch the Playboy channel then complain when you see nudity.
If I was going to fly long distance and clearly violate the airspace in an unsafe manner, I wouldn't post a video of it on here that's for sure. If they want you they can easily find you. Surprised the moderators allow posts like that but no worries I'm moving on.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
In reference to the 2 videos above, how are folks meeting the FAA visual line of sight requirement with Litchi? One cannot operate from a moving vehicle in a congested area without a waiver. Are you folks openly snubbing the FAA regs? Not marking your drones with registration numbers? Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.

Oopops. drone cop on loose.

Reactions: Kamloops
One thing it is worth to mention - If you experience "fly-away" or any other malfunction that requires repairs - DJI will not honor their warranty while using third party app. I am telling this from my recent issue of "fly-away".

Oopops. drone cop on loose.

Huh? The guy's got a legitimate question. Litchi is brilliant software and really lets these drones fulfill their potential. But...they do so by facilitating UAS flight beyond LOS.

Anyway, asked and answered. Q: "Aren't you breaking the law?" A: "Mind your own business."

As a point of reference and lest I be labeled a Drone Cop...I downloaded Litchi this morning for the Phantom 4 being delivered tomorrow.

It's completely possible to use Litchi and stay within LOS, below 400 feet, not above populous areas etc.
Whether you choose not to, is a topic for another thread.
We're really just talking about Litchi functionality here.

I think the only competitor for Litchi is Autopilot, which I have heard is a lot more complex and possibly more expensive, but only available for iOS users so not an option for many.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj