Litchi

Any other apps running? Also was the camera recording at the time-mine will not let me change settings in flight if already rec. I also found that my safety parameters, camera settings, amoung other settings will change from what I had set in DJI Go in Lichi, I have to set my RTH altitude everytime and it sets the receiver channel instead of auto, so I have to change it everytime. I had hoped the two apps would recognize each other's settings better.

Last edited:
I have one concern that I haven't seen mentioned. There have been multiple reports of the collision avoidance system mistaking the sun for an object when flying toward the setting sun, and stopping the P4 in it's tracks. My fear is that this will happen during a Litchi mission while out of RC range.

If CA is turned off in DJI GO will Litchi not use it?

Does Litchi cash Google maps data?
My Android device has no mobile data when outside of my WLAN.
So outside I see only an empty map.

Offline maps not possible?

Thanks to everyone for info on Litchi! I've been flying for 2 years, started reading about waypoints only last week and decided to give Litchi a try today. It simply amazing the quality of video that can be produced being able to pre-program missions with waypoints. I think we are a lot closer to the Jetsons than most people realize. :)

Reactions: Dirty Bird
This is pretty impressive software. I am currently using iMovie from Apple, which is free. The DJI software is very easy to use but not very robust. If you need something to edit and post quickly, the DJI can't be beat.

There have been multiple reports of the collision avoidance system mistaking the sun for an object when flying toward the setting sun, and stopping the P4 in it's tracks.
If CA is turned off in DJI GO will Litchi not use it?

Can you give some examples? Haven't found any reports with a quick search. Thanks

Can you give some examples? Haven't found any reports with a quick search. Thanks

Under DJI-Go, pointing at the sun when it's at a certain angle with obstacle avoidance turned on will cause the drone to stop dead and will show the notification bars on top of the display and sound the warning beeps. I like flying near sunset and I've had this happen several times.

Under Litchi, when pointing at the sun, the avoidance system 'fights' with the mission under way causing the drone to pitch violently and it even makes the gimbal jerk and yaw.

The YouTube video below shows a 1 1/2 minute segment cut out of an 8 minute Litchi waypoint mission. There was no wind and the flight was smooth as glass until it turned towards the setting sun at the midway point. Once it turned away from the sun, it went back to glass smooth again:

Last edited:
When I bought the phantom I thought I would never use waypoints, but it turns out its an absolute must for great videos (and therefore litchi a must buy).
Without litchi you're pretty much limited to short range line-of-sight flying. In urban areas you would have to stand on the roof of a building or else lose signal quickly. The DJI Go app is quite disappointing in that regard, even the point of interest mode is useless: when the phantom circles around an object and the object will momentarily block your connection, it will initiate RTH instead of just continuing the circle...
Umm...Its not legal to fly out of line of sight, correct?
Also, I can't believe that setting your Phantom free over a major metropolitan area like Baltimore is legal, is it? Especially that far....
And flying from a vehicle certainly isn't....
I don't mean to be a pest, but it just seems risky, and in violation of the rules.
I hope I'm wrong....

Last edited:
Anyone notice that the pitch control (not altitude and yaw, they're fine) is too sensitive with litchi app? I haven't tried with my P4 but on my P3P I use it for the fpv function. If I push the sticks a little, nothing. If I push a little more, she flies too fast. I didn't see any adjustment for that if there is anything. I just recently got the app and have only used it 4 times.

Does the Litchi App offer a RTH feature? If so, how can I access it?

In reference to the 2 videos above, how are folks meeting the FAA visual line of sight requirement with Litchi? One cannot operate from a moving vehicle in a congested area without a waiver. Are you folks openly snubbing the FAA regs? Not marking your drones with registration numbers? Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.

In reference to the 2 videos above, how are folks meeting the FAA visual line of sight requirement with Litchi? One cannot operate from a moving vehicle in a congested area without a waiver. Are you folks openly snubbing the FAA regs? Not marking your drones with registration numbers? Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.

Flying out of LOS (which is against the all FAA rules and regs) is perfectly acceptable around here. Just don't fly above 400' or you'll get your head chewed off for breaking the law (for which there is no law so long as AMA guidelines are followed when doing so). LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj