Litchi ?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just fell over the Litchi app on YouTube etc. I have a phantom 3 proffesional. Some old threads had me worried about the RTH not working, more so if signal is lost?? Is this still the case or just when you do a mission etc??

Cheers!

Hi guys,

Some old threads had me worried about the RTH not working, more so if signal is lost?? Is this still the case or just when you do a mission etc??
It's nothing to worry about.
For a long time when flying Litchi waypoint missions, the drone would continue the mission if signal was lost.
But later Litchi gave the option for RTH on signal lost if that's what you want.

Hi,

So they have added RTH on lost signal, fab. Any down sides to the app over DJI one?

Hi, I only have a Phantom 3 Proffesional so uses the older DJI go app, does this mean that Lit

Hi,

So they have added RTH on lost signal, fab. Any down sides to the app over DJI one?

If you invoke RTH when signal is lost, longer missions will never be completed, since they go out beyond the nominal half-mile signal range of the Phantom 3. Provided that your Litchi Mission Hub flight plan shows an estimated flight time of below 22 minutes, rest assured that your drone will return home five minutes ahead the estimated arrival time for missions extending far beyond signal range, PROVIDED THAT you took care to set your altitude high enough to clear all trees and structures en-route.

With my Phantom 3 Standard, I fly Litchi missions exclusively, and have covered over 700 miles cumulatively thus far, with only one self-triggered RTH that occurred when headwinds wore the battery down before the mission could be completed. I generally launch the drone, and relax indoors until about 7 minutes before the expected arrival time, when I then step out for a manual landing. My missions typically last 20-23 minutes, after which the Phantom3 S lands with about 20%-30% battery remaining.

It's nothing to worry about.
For a long time when flying Litchi waypoint missions, the drone would continue the mission if signal was lost.
But later Litchi gave the option for RTH on signal lost if that's what you want.
In Mission Hub, I assumed the setting of RTH is not RTH on loss of signal, but RTH after last Waypoint is executed. Is that not the case? That is what I have observed. Is there another setting?

In Mission Hub, I assumed the setting of RTH is not RTH on loss of signal, but RTH after last Waypoint is executed. Is that not the case? That is what I have observed. Is there another setting?
I almost crashed by Phantom3S on due to my being unaware that the Litchi Mission Hub menu selection "RTH" as the action to take upon completion of last waypoint of the mission, not only directs the drone to its launch point, but also commands the drone to auto-land.

Stayed indoors two minutes too long during a Litchi flight some weeks back, allowing the drone to arrive, land on very uneven ground, and scurry under a parked car, before I scrambled outdoors and killed the throttle. That my Phantom3S only needed a change of props after that near disaster, is testimony to the rugged build of these old workhorses.

With that near calamity in mind, I always double check the menu instructions in Litchi Mission Hub, to ensure that the "Do Nothing" option is selected on return to launch point, so that the drone will NOT attempt to auto-land on arrival at its launch point, unless of course it has run out of battery juice at that point.

Reactions: Rottweiler
Guys, please. As a 107 Certified Pilot, you know what the rules are; among which you need to remain eyes on the drone and check for other AC in the area..... Please, don't go inside.

Guys, please. As a 107 Certified Pilot, you know what the rules are; among which you need to remain eyes on the drone and check for other AC in the area..... Please, don't go inside.
Forgot to mention that I reside continents away from the USA and the EU, so FAA and CAA rules are not applicable in my particular case. I ought to have mentioned this important reason why I I routinely fly well beyond line of sight with no worries at all. Your timely reminder is most certainly important for all who reside under FAA or CAA skies, and I would not dream of flying beyond LOS, were I resident stateside.

Sounds fab. Does the follow object work well?
"Follow" will follow the GPS-coördinates of the RC-connected smart device and works fine.
(so you can't use "Follow" with an ipad without cellular, because it has no GPS).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.