Litchi

Reaction score
Is the litchi iOS app for DJI Phantom 3 pro really worth the $25.00 or is there a better flight app for phantom 3 pro? Thanks ahead for your recommendations

Is the litchi iOS app for DJI Phantom 3 pro really worth the $25.00 or is there a better flight app for phantom 3 pro? Thanks ahead for your recommendations
I bought litchi few weeks ago when it was in a special discount for $14.99. Honestly I will tell you that at this price, it is worthy because of the additional features that the app have over the go app. I will not pay $25 dollars for this app.

Reactions: btrussell
I paid full price about a year ago when I got my P3S. It was worth every penny I paid for it. I use it 99.9% of the time unless I need to do something in GO. I would say, if you are not planning on using some of the specialized features like panoramas, waypoints, orbit, track, or focus then stick with GO, otherwise get Litchi.

Reactions: Brojon and Pharm
Honestly, at $25 is s till a bargain IMHO. I can't tell you how much $$ I've made, how much time I've saved, and how much easier many of the things I do day in and day out are all because of Litchi. And I'm barely scratching the surface of what can be done with it.

Is Litchi a luxury? Absolutely it is. Can you live your whole life without it? Of course you can. Is it worth the price of a medium grade meal for one? YES OMG YES!

If you don't need/want any of the features Litchi offers (DJI Go has many of them built into it now) then save yourself $25 and skip it. I don't think there is anything that's as robust and feature rich as Litchi for any less $$.

If you're flying a P3Pro what's $25 in the big picture?

Reactions: Pharm and Chrislaf
I quickly got bored of flying my P4, but I don't mind when I'm flying in a new area. I then got Litchi during some sale they had last year, and its waypoint feature reinvigorated my interest.

Since I mostly do waypoint missions, I only fly a short time only to run down the battery. Planning the missions on my desktop computer allows for a larger screen for more accurate missions. Also, the planning of the missions is one dimension that keeps me interested in flying.

Reactions: BigAl07
I’m thinking of getting litchi but only for a specific thing. All I need to do right now is fly to specific GPS coordinates. If I could enter a coordinate and fly to it in GO I wouldn’t need anything else. From what I understand litchi can do this correct?

I tried litchi. It only works on certain tablets. I paid $25 for it and can’t use it and have had the hardest time tryin to get apple to refund my money... I recommend dji ground station I have had success with that and it’s free

I tried litchi. It only works on certain tablets. I paid $25 for it and can’t use it and have had the hardest time tryin to get apple to refund my money... I recommend dji ground station I have had success with that and it’s free
Are you on iOS 9 or later? Which Apple device? If litchi won’t run it’s a fair bet DJI GO will be struggling also.

Reactions: Pharm
It’s on a iPad mini. Dji go works but litchi won’t. It won’t work on my iPhone 5se either. They said that dji is suppose to put out an upgrade put no one knows when....

After I purchased the app I read into it and it doesn’t work on some apple tablets and phone. It opens then closes right away. I asked litchi for a refund they told me apple has to refund and that there should be an upgrade issued by dji that will fix it but they don’t know when

Planning the missions on my desktop computer allows for a larger screen for more accurate missions. Also, the planning of the missions is one dimension that keeps me interested in flying.
I am new so excuse my ignorance.

How do you connect with your IPAD App and desktop? I would love to use my mouse to set up missions.

Anything you could share would be appreciated.

v/r rch

I am new so excuse my ignorance.

How do you connect with your IPAD App and desktop? I would love to use my mouse to set up missions.

Anything you could share would be appreciated.

v/r rch
First, get Litchi for your IOS or Android device. After it is installed and you logged in to an account, go to: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark and log in there into the Mission Hub at the top of the page. Now, you can setup your missions on the map, and once they are saved them in your missions, then you can open those missions in your IOS or Android device there in Litchi...if you have in network connection. Those missions are stored in a server somewhere and are transferred by the network connection to your device.

What I do when I'm away from a network, I open the missions I want in the field to see if they are saved in my IOS device just to make sure they are there(sometimes there is a latency). Then, when I'm in the field, I open the mission and send my P4 or Mavic Pro on its way.

If you need a little more detail, just ask.

To me Litchi is worth every penny of the $25, in fact I have both the Android and the IOS versions. Unlike DJI Go, Litchi has never failed me, it just works! I don't get any false interference warnings, no mandatory updates, no quizzes to be able to fly, and it will fly with all of my batteries no matter what firmware is on them. I use it on over 95% of my flights because I can count on it.

Reactions: Brojon
At the end of the day dji go is easier to use and it’s free...
Have you used LItchi? My experience has been that it is much easier to use than DJI Go, and much more reliable as well. I've never had it crash, which I cannot say about DJI Go. Not to mention the excellent waypoint, orbit and panorama features that Litchi provides.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94