Litchi

Thoughts about what?

Lots of people are using it. If you have a specific question, it would be helpful if you'd explain in detail.

Yes, I was wondering if there's any advantages over the DJI app?

Reactions: Simo37
If you like to plan out your missions offline well in advance, go for it.

DJIGO always-ALWAYS- crashed with me. I tried last update and was informed would not run on my iPad. So, I switched to Litchi and love it. It has NEVER crashed with me!
Jim
WA5TEF

DJIGO always-ALWAYS- crashed with me. I tried last update and was informed would not run on my iPad. So, I switched to Litchi and love it. It has NEVER crashed with me!
Jim
WA5TEF
Thanks Jim.
I'm a newbie. What happens if the DJI app crashes? Do you crash?
I'm worried now!

No, the aircraft won't crash if the app crashes. In fact you can close the app, turn off your device, power off the remote controller and put them both down on the ground and confidently watch your Phantom go into "return to home" mode and land right beside you.

But as msinger points out there are a TON of opinions and threads on litchi... browse a few and you'll find more than you could ever remember!

In my opinion:

Major Pro: litchi offers some very interesting and fun advanced modes.

Major Con: an update to the aircraft firmware may not be compatible with litchi until the next litchi update. That can lead to erratic behaviour.

Have fun!

Simo 37, no you won't crash because the app crashed. When mine did it the first time, I nearly choked! Then I looked up and my Phantom was just hovering there waiting for its next command. They are very stable and the app just lets you see the video download and a lot of other stuff but the Remote Controller (RC) unit with the joysticks actually does the controlling. You can fire up your drone and take if off just like a "normal" RC airplane, with no screen to watch. You can control all functions from the RC in hand without any app running. However, you really should invest the $23 in Litchi and see what it can do. I love it and have flown with it since November when I last tried to upgrade DJI GO. I got tired of it crashing and felt like there had to be a better solution. I'm very glad I tried Litchi.
Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

I used to get app crashes and really glitch fpv on DJI. It was very annoying. Then I "upgraded" to Litchi and no more crashes. The FPV is awesome, the autonomous features are just awesome, and I think the way it portrays video is much better. Ever since I quit updating firmwares and stopped using GO, life with my p4p has been much better. Best 24.99 I've ever spent.

Do you think switching to litchi would fix the issue many have been having with getting weak and lost controller signal at short ranges? That keeps happening to me with my P3S after barely over 200ft . No loss in video feed or anything I just keep getting weak and lost signal very quickly and it will initiate RTH

It might. You should try Litchi anyway for its many features! The Waypoint ability alone is worth the change from DJI GO! I've been using it since November and love it!
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: DocDiggler
It might. You should try Litchi anyway for its many features! The Waypoint ability alone is worth the change from DJI GO! I've been using it since November and love it!
Jim
WA5TEF
I am too new of a pilot therefore too nervous to have it do anything automated just yet I just want to use litchi for some basic flying. Does it still do everything that DJI GO does? As far as basic flights and settings?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94