Litchi working, but, issues

Reaction score
Issues of downloading from Litchi hub solved, thanks to some help here. BUT, see if I can explain this in a few sentences. Made a mission (8 waypoints) in Hub & went to my "safe field" I say this because its a huge, flat easy view field bordered by a mature forest on 2 sides & roads on other 2 sides. The mission waypoints were all set within the fields corners, & some fancy moves inside these points. Off she goes & right away she fly's right across the road on my left (150 meters) before I freak I look at the mission on screen & it shows my bird at waypoint 1 & turning to 2, waypoint 2 on my screen is inside the corner of roads intersection, in reality waypoint 2 is about 200 meters on the other side of the intersection, another example, waypoint 4 is at the extreme end of my field, just at the edge of the forest, on my screen as planned, but, in reality my bird fly's into the forest about 60 meters!(hi enough to clear, I learned that lesson).
My question, is google maps this far off?
Also, I haven't calibrated in a couple of weeks, but I do fly in this location often
I want to fly around some hi objects, a brand new local water tower for instance, but, with this inaccuracy, I don't dare. All thoughts or suggestions welcomed

I don't know. My missions are pretty accurate. Seems as if the map image you had in your app was not accurate.

Have you tried planning a mission directly on the litchi site? Then download the mission to your app? Maybe that would be more accurate.

I don't know. My missions are pretty accurate. Seems as if the map image you had in your app was not accurate.

Have you tried planning a mission directly on the litchi site? Then download the mission to your app? Maybe that would be more accurate.
I planned saved the mission on Litchi Hub & then loaded to my phantom,
I just can't fly/plan any waypoint missions that are close to or around any tall buildings, structures knowing thery could be that far off.
You think not calibrating could be a reason for inaccuracies?

My experience, in my geo (midwestern US) is that the Litchi waypoints are dead on. Whether they are being set via the Hub or the app itself. I've run a series of test missions that go to and hover over fixed objects (statue, corner of parking lot, tree, etc). The dropped waypoints are rarely more than a foot or so (by my eyeball observation) off of the actual point. I'd give Litchi an A+ on this. I always seem to have 15+ satellites. Maybe that's a factor.

I still don't have the stones to do a mission with waypoints closer than 50' or so from a fixed object.

My question, is google maps this far off?

Nope, it's not. Are you sure you didn't accidentally add another waypoint? It almost sounds like a compass issue.

Make your mission "Public" in Mission Hub and post the link.

SB

p.s. Keep that left trigger finger on your mode switch in case things go awry.

Nope, it's not. Are you sure you didn't accidentally add another waypoint? It almost sounds like a compass issue.

Make your mission "Public" in Mission Hub and post the link.

SB

p.s. Keep that left trigger finger on your mode switch in case things go awry.
Yes, I had the "flyaway" but caught it by switching out of F, She was flying off to an accidental waypoint, big hands, little screens don't mix!
But, doesn't explain the off the map issue. I tried again last night,. reset waypoint # 1 about 50' inside the road, & waypoint #2 600' straight South, again inside or my side of road & so on, She flew waypoints perfectly, but, all waypoints off, meaning across road. I'm not doing a tour of our new water tower until I can be be more precise.
Will go to Hub & post link.

Sagebrush:
You can look at the mission I speak of, at Litchi Hub, # at top of Mission hub page is - 24508
mission - field6 is public, is this enough info to locate it?
- If you look at waypoints 3,4 or 6 for instance, you can see they are on my side of the road.(my home point is near Waypoint 1) But, when I fly the mission my bird goes to waypoint 3- but, across the road by about 60-100' & goes South to #4 as she should, but it too is way the other side of road, & if you see #2, edge of forest for a photo, bird goes into (meaning over!) trees about same distance- 50-100'. So, she certainly goes to waypoints, but they are not where I put them. I have tried re-doing points, same issues
You can imagine if I want to fly around a tall structure, etc.
I should add, did my very first flights here, I calibrated here, about 3 weeks ago, but, not since.
Okay, this may be what your looking for - www/flylitchi.comhub?m-BPhLPFnHUy#

Last edited:
You can look at the mission I speak of, at Litchi Hub, # at top of Mission hub page is - 24508
mission - field6 is public, is this enough info to locate it?

I can't get to it. I think you need to open it in Mission Hub and then copy/paste the link in.

See if you can open this one: Mission Hub - Litchi

SB

Last edited:
That opened just fine.

Unfortunately
, I don't see a reason why that mission would put your bird on the other side of the road.

During the mission, did the aircraft icon appear to be following the mission or did it cross the road on the map accurately portray it's location?

How windy was it? I tried to fly a simple mission on a windy day and the Phantom wasn't coping with the wind during the autonomous portion of the flight.

Try flying it again, just keep your left trigger finger on the abort switch. And I'd crank it down from 17 mph to 5 or so to give you more time observe the bird and what your screen shows. (You might turn on Litchi's Screen Record so you can review what happened later too.)

SB

Sage- Bird flew exactly the course as mapped on the screen, You know I;m not to concerned about it, We flew last night (my Advanced & neighbours new P-4) at another 700 acre field doing over 14 waypoints & both birds flew exactly as programed, 6 points along side of road, up & around a 30 meter hi hill, & so on.
I think its just that one field is , um, quirky.
going back to "quirky" field today, doing another mission but from field to a parking clearing in middle of forest, very exciting. We are so lucky just North of Toronto with access to miles & miles of pretty much unoccupied, vacant land.
Thanks very much for your thoughts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl