Litchi waypoints

Reaction score
Well I'm new with this and I haven't invest enough time to research, I live in a very congested interference area, even with the Argtek antennas installed. If I lost signal, will the drone keep flying the mission? how far can I set it up?

It will keep flying. I done it recently and also put a YouTube video of it recently. I list signal for about 10 mins. Scary at first.... But it did come back and complete the mission

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is my video. I can't do the link as I'm using the YouTube app but have a look at this to get an idea.and bear in mind I lost video feed within 3 mins of the mission on my phone... But it still carried on flying
1de95cddacb16744b4c46fa5f5dc8318.jpg

Thanks for your reply...I've seen your video and some others, they say it will comeback...gonna give it a try...that's scary not been able to control and not knowing telemetry...mine is a P3S, on litchi android users it says the copter will hoover when signal is lost...I'll do little by little...thanks again!

Reactions: Neon Euc
And if you do lose signal it will still carry on doing the waypoints. The only way it will ever get lost if maybe there is a compass error mid flight but that's very very rare. Make sure you are linked to healthy drones too. So if the worse does happen then you will have the report that you can send to DJI so make sure it's on auto sync when you have healthy drones downloaded onto your phone

Hello! I'm also new when it comes to flying drones. I have a recently purchased a Phantom 3 Standard as well and love the idea of being able to set missions. So what I gather from my your post Neon, is that even if the drone loses connection it will still continue on to the way points and finish the mission. Am I understanding this correctly? I'm curious if there is a time limit before the drone decides to return home after a lost connection when you have the option set in the litchi app.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Yeap, the drone will complete the mission, I've done it 3 times already, and it always comes back. I lose signal after 500 meters, and it was scary at the beginning, but it completes the mission, just be mindful of your altitude, speed , compass calibration and be very familiar with the area where you are sending the copter to avoid any accidents...

...don't forget to put your phone number on your copter just in case it flies away...there is also a lost and found thread here...

For what it's worth for those of you worried about the waypoint missions, I was skeptical as well but flew 2 missions just today and lost signal around 1700 feet out due mostly to interference and the AC continued on and finished the missions without incident. As you have mentioned, once all the telemetry stops updating, it's a bit nerve racking but all worked out just fine.

And if you do lose signal it will still carry on doing the waypoints. The only way it will ever get lost if maybe there is a compass error mid flight but that's very very rare. Make sure you are linked to healthy drones too. So if the worse does happen then you will have the report that you can send to DJI so make sure it's on auto sync when you have healthy drones downloaded onto your phone

Even though this post is old.
Why would want to "Make sure you are linked to healthy drones too"?
Are you not going to share the flight log that is on mobile device anyway?
About to try my first mission, looking for stuff that I don't understand.

Rod

Even though this post is old.
Why would want to "Make sure you are linked to healthy drones too"?
Are you not going to share the flight log that is on mobile device anyway?
About to try my first mission, looking for stuff that I don't understand.

Rod
Healthy drones gives a more detail insight into any problems such as compass errors, battery voltage issues, software delays, etc.... Anything really

Neon Euc

Healthy drones just give me a portion of the mission, does it need to be all the time connected to your phone and remote control?, I sent the copter mile and a half away, ph3 standard by the way, and lost connection about 500mt, after that healthy drones don't give me any info...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Healthy drones just give me a portion of the mission, does it need to be all the time connected to your phone and remote control?, I sent the copter mile and a half away, ph3 standard by the way, and lost connection about 500mt, after that healthy drones don't give me any info...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
That is correct, your app holds the data that you upload to HD. Same as the playback of your flight log on your mobile. Your flights may be broken up into more that one, because it wasn't receiving data.

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav