Litchi waypoint missions never complete - they simply stop mid way

@BudWalker , the graph you gen'd certainly seems to nail the issue. Thanks.

Is there a chance you could make a fresh version that also overlays the satellite count? I know there were times in the run when I could see the count get down to 6 or so, but I swear I saw the count as high as 10 at the time it aborted.

If possible, could you please also make a similar graph showing the time from 4m3s to about 4m40s? That's when the initial abort happened, and by my looking at the flight log, it showed plenty of satellites.

On your graph, what are the color coding of the bands? I'm guessing light blue is 'mission' and green is 'atti' mode.

For this analysis you're doing, are you using a custom program, or is this something I might be able to download and use. (FWIW, I'm an engineer and am comfortable with stuff like this.) I hate always having to bother the community with my problems. :)

So what can I do to improve the odds of having my missions complete? Would flying at a different cruise speed have any effect on this? (doubtful) If this is a HW issue with the Phantom, how would I go about getting that addressed?

Thanks again for your support on this.

Last edited:
Good call. It looks like the sat count drops from 7 (marginal) to 5 (too low) causing the hDOP to increase, navHealth to lower and then switch to ATTI.

In this particular plot the green background denotes ATTI mode. The plot is generated by CsvView which chooses the background color.

You can obtain CsvView here
CsvView Downloads

Looks like a HW problem to me. You could Google Thunderdrones who will know how to replace the GPS module

As @BudWalker mentioned. The bad flight shows up similarly as the previous one. Below shows both flights.
I left out the hDOP because that is what Bud was concentrating on in more detail.

Bad Flight

Bad Flight 1.png

Good Flight

Good Flight 1.png

I take from what you have said is that the craft will reach a certain waypoint and just hover, if this is so go to that waypoint setting and down below there is a plus sign in blue click on that and see what your stay for is set at, should be 0 if you do not want to stay there for a minute or two.

I take from what you have said is that the craft will reach a certain waypoint and just hover, if this is so go to that waypoint setting and down below there is a plus sign in blue click on that and see what your stay for is set at, should be 0 if you do not want to stay there for a minute or two.
The OP's settings are for curved turns. "Stay" is an action. Actions are ignored when using curved turns.

Back last year with my P4 and ran into the same thing and I was using curved turns and it turned out stay was set at 2 minutes at one of the waypoints, so as you say they may be ignored when using curved turns but they can still be set to stay at individual waypoints. To verify what I said I just setup some waypoints in Litchi .

be set to stay at individual waypoints. To verify what I said I just setup some waypoints in Litchi .
If using straight lines, certainly so. But not when set to curved turns. The reason for that is simple. When using curved turns the aircraft never actually reaches the set waypoint, therefore a "stay" action is useless.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj