Litchi waypoint low battery level question

Reaction score
Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer in the Litchi manual.

If you are on a Litchi waypoint mission and the battery level becomes very low, what happens? Does it try to complete the mission or does it land wherever it is? And can you choose what battery level triggers Litchi's low-battery behaviour?

I'm asking this because up to now I have never planned a waypoint mission that lasts more than 12mins, and ends with the battery level at around 50%, but I'd like to be a bit more adventurous if it's safe to do so.

If you have smart return set in DJI it will initiate RTH when it calculates your battery is too low for you to complete. I think it is very conservative, and some turn it off to ensure they can complete a mission.

I leave it on

Reactions: Pharm
All the flight parameters and mission values are set in the aircraft before it takes the flight. During the flight aircraft really doesn't know if it's using DJI Go app or Litchi or anything else. In short, it's behavior during low battery will remain the same irrespective of the app used, it looks for the actions set when battery goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pharm
If you have smart return set in DJI it will initiate RTH when it calculates your battery is too low for you to complete. I think it is very conservative, and some turn it off to ensure they can complete a mission.

I leave it on
Is it clever enough to know how much battery it will need to get home from wherever it is when it decides it cannot complete the mission?

Is it clever enough to know how much battery it will need to get home from wherever it is when it decides it cannot complete the mission?
Yes I think so, I think the settings are uploaded from the DJI app.Also I think it errs on the safe side, and usually enters RTH early.
I suspect the algorithm does not know what the planned mission is, but how far from the home point it is, and works on that.
However, what do I know.

What it can't do is predict the winds between where it is and home! A head wind back could really shorten range you might not make it back before hitting critical battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews