Litchi waypoint action - turn on lights

Reaction score
I'm new to Litchi, but I can see that you can choose to perform actions, such as hover, rotate etc, when waypoints are reached. Is there any way to turn on the lights when a waypoint is reached?
(I am controlling another piece of equipment from the lights).

Doubt it, nothing in the manual indicates that you can. May not even be part of the SDKs that DJI provides to 3rd party developers.

It's something you would need to contact litchi about, it's something that can be done via the Dji app so can't see why it can't be parsed from litchi.

You would of course have to be connected to the quad via fpv for it to work.

You can turn on or off the front (red) led via one of the 2 switches on the bottom of the remote through Litchi options.

You can turn on or off the front (red) led via one of the 2 switches on the bottom of the remote through Litchi options.
Not what the OP is asking. He wants to be able to program the lights as a waypoint action. Not something that can, currently, be done.

It's something you would need to contact litchi about, it's something that can be done via the Dji app so can't see why it can't be parsed from litchi.

You would of course have to be connected to the quad via fpv for it to work.
FPV has nothing to do with it. OP wants it to be a waypoint action. Not an option in either litchi or the Go app.

FPV has nothing to do with it. OP wants it to be a waypoint action. Not an option in either litchi or the Go app.

Some of the functions of a waypoint mission are sent from the app such as the interpolate option where the camera can be moved up or down autonomously whilst flying a mission, the interpolate function relies on a connection between the quad and the app without a connection the interpolate function fails to work .
as the lights can be controlled via the app in litchi then it stands to reason that the app could send extra commands such as turning on the lights, the same way that it can tell the camera to move using the interpolate function.

The term app connected translates into an FPV connection as the app communicates through the FPV connection and not the normal flight control connection.

So again I say that yes Litchi should be able to do it.

Some of the functions of a waypoint mission are sent from the app such as the interpolate option where the camera can be moved up or down autonomously whilst flying a mission, the interpolate function relies on a connection between the quad and the app without a connection the interpolate function fails to work .
as the lights can be controlled via the app in litchi then it stands to reason that the app could send extra commands such as turning on the lights, the same way that it can tell the camera to move using the interpolate function.

The term app connected translates into an FPV connection as the app communicates through the FPV connection and not the normal flight control connection.

So again I say that yes Litchi should be able to do it.
Operative word here is 'should'. It is not at present one of the provided waypoint actions. Litchi would have to implement it (if they can) in some future update. Chances of that happening probably depend on demand. If enough people request it it might happen. Might not either, depending on how much work would be involved and litchi's perception of the potential return on investment.

Ok, you can turn the lights on and off while using litchi. But as a waypoint action? Still think that's not on the table. Need to reword the question to litchi to ask if light commands are a waypoint programmable action.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.