Litchi Vue Streaming

Currently this Vue app is not fully matured. I tried yesterday but was not happy with it, screen on the other device shows top portion of the image distorted. May be we need faster devices like iPhone 7

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think it will be great for using it in the VR goggle so you can have a wired tablet on the RC and phone in the VR goggle wirelessly.

Currently this Vue app is not fully matured. I tried yesterday but was not happy with it, screen on the other device shows top portion of the image distorted. May be we need faster devices like iPhone 7

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I will try it with my iPhone 7 Plus over the weekend and let you know the results!

I tried it indoors yesterday while connected to my home wifi. I use an iPad mini to fly with, so I assume if I am in the field and have no wifi connection that I won't be able to use this? It would be nice if it would work with Bluetooth for those of us that don't use a phone to fly and can't set up a personal hotspot.

Ya I kind of wish it was over Bluetooth too. I have a hotspot, ...... anyone know how much data this uses lol. I only have 1 gig of hotspot. I plan on trying it this weekend at home over the wifi with my iPad air2 to streaming to a 6s.....

Litchi Vue doesn't work for me. With my P4, I turned on my Ipad Air2 hotspot flight device with the latest Litchi version (I just updated it), and on a second iPad Mini2 I turned off Bluetooth and connected to my iPad Air2 hotspot, I turn off Cellular on the Mini, wifi only was on. The hotspot tested fine, the Mini was connected to the Air with Internet access. However when I launched Vue on the Mini it showed no streams available. There doesn't seem to be any settings in the flight Litchi app to broadcast the stream, so I guess it's always on. It just doesn't work, the Mini2 running Vue won't connect to the iPad Air2 running Litchi. Has anyone else got it to work as advertised?

Last edited:
I have a portable ap when using vue
Works well enough mini 4 to mini 2
Its only for other people to see what you see, obviously the best pictures are on the sd card

I have a portable ap when using vue
Works well enough mini 4 to mini 2
Its only for other people to see what you see, obviously the best pictures are on the sd card
Can you explain more about what you mean by "I have a portable ap"?

When you connect the Mini2 to your mini 4 hotspot running Litchi, does the Mini2 Vue app see "available streams" from the Mini4 running Litchi while connected to the craft?

Works great. You need to be on the same wifi network. To get started, just click the 'Share' icon next to the 'VR' icon on the 'Litchi' screen app. Your 'Litchi Vue' device will then show the name of your 'Litchi' mobile device which you then click on to complete the video connection.
IMG_1481603181.129775.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi,
I´m intending to install the Litchi in one Galaxy Tab connected to the RC of P4 and use the Litchi Vue in one iPhone 6 with VR view.
Does any one tried it?

I just installed it on my iPhone. Made a personal hotspot on the phone, joined that hotspot with my iPad mini 4 that I fly with. Launched Litchi and connected to quad. Pressed the streaming button top right on app. Launched Litchi Vue on iPhone, selected iPad mini as streaming source, bingo. Fractional lag but very useable. A bit glitchy (spare bedroom in built up urban area) but will be testing tomorrow in rural surroundings

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl