Litchi version 1.17.2 Phantom 4 using IPad Mini 4

Reaction score
I have used Litchi to fly several different missions without any issues. I took a couple weeks off to update my video editing computer and software and decided to retake the videos with different camera settings.

My first mission today did not go as planned. My P4 went approx a thousand feet and stopped. The first thing I noticed was that the speed was 0 when it should have been 12 mph. Then I noticed that the altitude was 397 ft when the mission called for 150 ft for all waypoints. I tried other missions but got similar results. The P4 flies toward the waypoints correctly but the speed is anywhere between 0 and the mission set speed. The P4 also tends to climb whenever the speed drops.

I uploaded have uploaded the flights to airdata and the old missions (which all worked as planned) used Litchi 1.16.2

Would the problems be due to Litchi or does it sound like the P4 is at fault?

Is there a way to go back to Litchi 1.16.2?

I also updated to 1.17.2 also. I flew my P3P yesterday. Near the end of the flight. I was about 12-ft above home point. I was getting a 0 altitude reading. Litchi was saying - 8 ft. Altitude. I am running iOS 11 on a iPhone 6. Never had a problem till I updated.

I forgot to mention that I flew my P3A today using the very same Litchi mission and the flight was perfect - no issues!!

I was able to put Litchi 1.16.2 back on my iPad mini. I retry the mission next nice flying day.

I've been thinking. I seem to remember reading that the sun has caused issues with obstacle avoidance. Could it be my P4 stopped and tried to go over the obstacle (sun) but had to stop at 400 feet?

Update:

I tried the mission with Obstacle Avoidance turned off in the DJI Go 4 app. Then I used Litchi 1.16.2 and flew the mission.

All went well from Waypoint 1 to Waypoint 2. When it started from Waypoint 2 to Waypoint 3 the issue with the slow speed came back. It would vary between a speed of 0 and 5 mph. The mission called for 12 mph. ????

Update

Using the DJI Assistant 2 I Refreshed the firmware, Calibrated the Obstacle Avoidance and Vision Positioning. Then I calibrated the IMU and Compass. I also removed the leg extensions and gimbal gaurd that I had previous installed. The P4 is completely stock.

I went out and flew using the DJI Go 4 app only. I flew around within sight for over an hour.

I found that with Obstacle Avoidance and Vision Positioning on it would not exceed 8 mph at 50 feet altitude. It was a cloudy day. I also noticed that I had trouble descending.

I turned off Obstacle Avoidance and Vision Positioning and it flew completely normal. I turned on Vision Positioning only and the problems returned. With Obstacle Avoidance only on the only problem was that it would stop suddenly when flying below 10 feet over a mowed clover field.

I intend to make some flights showing the issues using the DJI Go 4 app and contact DJI.

Any thoughts?

I installed a previous firmware v1.02.0602 and all is well. Never flew so good in DJI Go 4 or Litchi!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94