Litchi red ring

Reaction score
I just downloaded litchi. Haven't used it to fly yet. What is the red ring around my location on this map? Pic should be attached.

Attachments

• 1452575698865.jpg
    1452575698865.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 477
Thanks. i can dang near throw a rock that far. Not sure why the safe area is so small.

Not sure why the safe area is so small
It's an adjustable parameter in the app.... you're just seeing the default... it gives you the ability to establish a visual reminder about what you consider to be the safe flying radius around your location... totally arbitrary...

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
It's an adjustable parameter in the app.... you're just seeing the default... it gives you the ability to establish a visual reminder about what you consider to be the safe flying radius around your location... totally arbitrary...
Yeah I wondered about it when I first saw it... thought "oh no it won't let me fly beyond that?" and pretty soon I flew right out of it! No worries.

thought "oh no it won't let me fly beyond that?" and pretty soon I flew right out of it
LOL... :D I had the same thought when first starting out with Litchi! :eek:

However, it does come into play when building waypoint missions and can prevent you adding a waypoint it it's outside the range... until you change it... great feature to keep the newbie on a mental leash if necessary... :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl