Litchi now on iOS

Is it true that Litchi now has an altitude limit of 500m just like th dji go app?
If so why?

That's my opinion
Try this!

Don't get me wrong, I like my Phantom 2s,and my P3P Units, But they don't deliver! What you can achieve from a good fixed wing using a Eagle tree vector system and 433 MHz long range for your RC gear and 1.3 ghz for video using the right antennas with a stand alone antenna tracking unit setting my limits to below 400 feet! ( or what ever YOU responsibly set it to) And getting your HAM license to keep that part all legal. And get more satisfaction from it because you built it yourself instead of out of the box stuff. But most here don't have the patients for this type of true technical challenge.

Mountains

500m is over 3,280 feet.

I could fly over a 10,000 foot mountain here in NV if I was standing at the base of it.

Not sure the Phantom could handle it though, like someone else said, wrong machine for the job.

Reactions: Fourprops
500m is over 3,280 feet.

I could fly over a 10,000 foot mountain here in NV if I was standing at the base of it.

Not sure the Phantom could handle it though, like someone else said, wrong machine for the job.

Redo the math, 500 meters equals 1640.42 feet.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
This app is simply superb. Anyone with iOS should have a copy, as a kind of 'companion piece' to Go. Having said that, I hardly ever use Go these days.

Reactions: TacAir42
How can you fly over 8,000 ft if the crafts ceiling is 1,640 ft. Blind leading the blind in here.

My house is at 5,100 feet and the tallest mountains are 9,800 feet.
And the closer I get to the mountain the higher in elevation I go.

Ground zero is where you take off, not sea level.

Last edited:
I live in a mountain area as well - not that high above sea level but the vertical heights are similar. I struggle to clear some of the ridges. Aircraft often fly lower than my house so who is the 500m height limit protecting?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl