Litchi: Never again, Fah-ghet-about-it

Then the loss of control was operator error. The proper way to regain manual control is with the controller mode switch.
NO, the loss of control was not operator error. The failure to change the "switch" could be operator error but the loss of control was not. The operator was able to regain control as mention in the original post. Thank for taking the time provide your input.

AS to fly-away, it would not respond to anything on the controller it said "disconnected" and screen was black.
I'm currently using Litchi as the GO app is very unstable, signal problems and changes camera settings when the app restarts. Litchi has had no problems for me, using Android. I have tested out many situations and if the waypoint mode was used, it will ignore the controller until the mission is done. I don't use that mode any more, just incase it messes up when uploading the waypoints. Sounds like this is what happened. The Healthy Drones option in Lichi app will upload the flight log and there is an option to see what mode it was in when it took off or got disconnected. Unless it is in waypoint mode, you should be able to unplug your phone or tablet and manually fly the drone with the controller.

yup I like Litchi and just have flown fpv, no problems really, shut down other apps, don't have goapp in same part of phone, avoid screen recording, put phone in flight mode

Understand your concern, but there are far many others who have had absolutely no issues at all with Litchi, myself included and I fly with it exclusively. It would be interesting to see the flight logs from those flights that you so adamantly blame on the app. Sorry, but I am very much a Litchi supporter, and I'm sure there are many more than not, will agree with that. And also, I very rarely use mission hub. I plan my missions on the tablet itself. Just another one of those "variables" taken out should something go amiss. Just IMO.
I'm still trying to learn to trust Litchi. My first waypoint mission ran fine till the final waypoint when the vehicle made a hairpin turn and headed off in another direction. That mission was planned using the hub and I suspect their was a deleted waypoint it was headed for. Still testing and moving forward will only plan using the app on my tablet.

Understand your concern, but there are far many others who have had absolutely no issues at all with Litchi, myself included and I fly with it exclusively. It would be interesting to see the flight logs from those flights that you so adamantly blame on the app. Sorry, but I am very much a Litchi supporter, and I'm sure there are many more than not, will agree with that. And also, I very rarely use mission hub. I plan my missions on the tablet itself. Just another one of those "variables" taken out should something go amiss. Just IMO.
I totally agree with Fly Dog and I happen to set up all my flights with mission hub with no issues. Flying the good old P3A though.

I too, use Litchi exclusively on my trusty P3A, the Mavic, running the Go 4 app is whole other story!
Somewhat of a crap shoot as to what that Go 4 app will do today. I;ve killed auto updates as the 4.1.4 (who knows which version of 4.1.4), but it seems stable, most of the time.
Don't go to DJI Mavic Go 4 forums & read all the posts beginning with- "Go 4 just shuts down mid -flight" or" Go 4 shuts down when I take off", reading these posts causes nightmares!

Understand your concern, but there are far many others who have had absolutely no issues at all with Litchi, myself included and I fly with it exclusively. It would be interesting to see the flight logs from those flights
Yes, second that!
Sorry, but I am very much a Litchi supporter, and I'm sure there are many more than not, will agree with that.
Well, I don't think of myself as a supporter (or critic), rather just a very satisfied user.

The behavior the OP describes is completely unique -- never heard any other Litchi user with problems like that.

I have a P4 and a Mavic Pro, and Litchi works flawlessly on both aircraft, and works better than GO4 which crashes all the time (on Android).

Of coarse, fairly obvious. My point was ( And you can only assume there was no app error in the notification in this instance) was that upon "disconnect", if the app is providing correct information, at that point the RC indicator should also tell you. If that is the case, moving the switch will do nothing. That applies to missions or FPV in the event of signal loss.
All correct.

Here's the problem: GO4, running on my Android Galaxy S6, will falsely say it's disconnected when the RC is obviously connected and in control. Sometimes it will tell you it's disconnected and live video will still be streaming. Other times, black screen as if it's really disconnected, but it's not. AC is right there in easy LOS, responding to control inputs.

Litchi on Android is, by contrast, pretty stable.

The situation seems reversed on iOS -- GO4 very stable, Litchi buggy. That's what's happening to the OP, unfortunately.

Software should not be in an indefinite state. Maybe mode switch helps, but that is confusing to a user to say disconnected. There are very nice features to Litchi. So some may tolerate this kind of problem. But fly away is something to not be ignored. Reliability is very important. I have just started using the software with P3P, am impressed with features.

And in this case, the "user" is the pilot. What pilot wants to fly a plane where they do not know for sure what the controls mean? No way. As indicated by others, there are problems with the DJI app as well. Combinations of particular configurations of OS and firmware/hardware and other installed software can cause these. The level of reliability needs to improve. Either through better configuration support, or bug testing and fixes. Documentation should be improved as well with better and more current detail.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl