Litchi Help required - aperture/shutter priority

Reaction score
Latest version of Litchi installed, Phantom 4 Pro with all firmware updates. Android 6

Litchi's documentation says to click on camera settings and select aperture priority - great, except the only two choices are manual and auto.

I've asked this question elsewhere (including directly to Litchi) and not been given a sensible answer, they've included the following

'RTFM - that explains it perfectly!'.....well, it doesn't because following the manual doesn't work

'NOOB!!! - pro users all use manual. Aperture/shutter priority is for kids' - yeah, right :)

'just use manual, aperture priority is pointless' - again, not helpful :)

The simple question is.......how to enable aperture priority in Litchi

Litchi's documentation says to click on camera settings and select aperture priority - great, except the only two choices are manual and auto.
...The simple question is.......how to enable aperture priority in Litchi
According to Litchi Aperture and Shutter priority were added in March this year.
I went searching to find where they've hidden them and had to give up.
If they did add these features, they hid them very well.

According to Litchi Aperture and Shutter priority were added in March this year.
I went searching to find where they've hidden them and had to give up.
If they did add these features, they hid them very well.
yep, they've certainly hidden it :)

Apparently (according to another user) it's available in the ios version but not Android

It's a great way to sell software isn't it? List features that aren't there so people buy it then ignore support requests :)

Android: Just fired up my P4Pro -- I can Long Press the scroll wheel and Litchi switches to Manual Mode, and announces it verbally. Then I can short press on the wheel to move from ISO, SS, Aperture priority modes and then roll the wheel forward or backwards in each mode to choose the settings I desire. seems to work just fine. I can choose my ISO, push choose shutter speed, push choose aperture, Etc.... No issues

but that's not aperture priority - that's manual, adjusting the settings independently.

Aperture priority means you set the ISO and the aperture and the camera software decides the optimal shutter speed
Shutter priority means you set the ISO and the desired shutter speed whilst the camera sets the optimal aperture

I just bought Litchi today and I realized that no A/S priority modes are working. Is this real?

I usually work with shutter priority set to 1/100 and let phantom 4 set the aperture, are you telling that I have to use manual mode?

I am using phantom 4 pro.

That cannot be true.

sadly it is true - they don't work on Android, some people say they work on IOS some don't know

Litchi's overall crappiness doesn't end there though

One of it's 'better features' is the stupid way that when you switch between shutter/aperture/iso in manual mode (as you say there's no aperture/shutter priority even though the release docs say it was included in March last year!) it doesn't actually highlight which setting you are adjusting - very helpful when you are trying to change settings whilst you are flying. The best bit is.......if you switch to auto mode, you can cycle through the camera settings (but not adjust them) and the highlight works perfectly.

Try customer support - this is where the Litchi experience reaches it's peak. They might reply once suggesting you read the online manual (that will be the one that is prefaced by the words 'this documentation may be out of date' but after that you are on your own or relying on 'community support' - see my first post and don't waste your time :)

sadly it is true - they don't work on Android, some people say they work on IOS some don't know

Litchi's overall crappiness doesn't end there though

One of it's 'better features' is the stupid way that when you switch between shutter/aperture/iso in manual mode (as you say there's no aperture/shutter priority even though the release docs say it was included in March last year!) it doesn't actually highlight which setting you are adjusting - very helpful when you are trying to change settings whilst you are flying. The best bit is.......if you switch to auto mode, you can cycle through the camera settings (but not adjust them) and the highlight works perfectly.

Try customer support - this is where the Litchi experience reaches it's peak. They might reply once suggesting you read the online manual (that will be the one that is prefaced by the words 'this documentation may be out of date' but after that you are on your own or relying on 'community support' - see my first post and don't waste your time :)

Thank you Andy,

I could not believe it at first, and then I saw your post. This should be warned when you buy the app.

And how are the people that uses litchi for video use that? Simply setting to automatic mode, really?

Although the waypoint options seem good (I have not yet tried them on a real flight) the camera settings are really crap, and as you say the online help for the camera setting are inexistent.

Thanks for your time.

And is still worst, today I check that in Manual mode I cannot modify aperture, it was stuck and 5.6. Then I enter Dji Go app, and I think that the last value you insert there will maintain to Litchi.

This is not acceptable for me.

I have tested today the Waypoint mission and are really good… I really hope they will take in consideration the camera control.

I have contacted the litchi team in Facebook and that’s what they tell me:

“On iOS you can use them. On Android, we hope to add them in a future update.”

I hope it will be an update pretty soon….

that's the same line they've been spinning for the last 8 months now :)

If only they'd put that in the product description

But at least the aperture block in the manual mode is not there anymore, now the aperture can be changed.

I tested again last Monday and the new update it is not working good. Strange things happening, could not finish in the panorama mode, gimbal go crazy,…

I contacted Lithci support and told me that the device I was using is not powerful enough to run Litchi properly, I am using a Galaxy Tab A, not the best tablet in the world but it Works good with Dji Go 4 app.

Btw, not A or S mode yet. And even worst because I couldn’t change any parameter in Manual mode….

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic