Litchi for p3p

Reaction score
Is litchi worth getting, I've only used the dji app but see a few posts about litchi.
1. Is it better than using dji
2. Is it worth the £15 from play store.

Litchi is most useful for flying waypoint missions. If you don't use that feature, then you will most likely not get much use out of it.

I bought it. I used it once or twice. Then I realized I don't really use it any differently than the DJI Go app so I'm just using the DJI one...easier for updates and such.

I guess it's a nice to have for the working follow me mode (DJI doesn't compensate for hills last I heard) but I rarely use it that way.

I prefer it. works great, it has more features options I prefer and you are not forced to update anything.
the down side IMO is that video is only saved to the sd card in your QC, the DJI app, also saves it to your phone / tablet. sometimes it's nice just to cast that video to your tv right from the tablet and not have to get the card out and move the file or find an sd adapter.. etc et. but other than that i feel it's a great product.

Last edited:
sounds like a request to nitpick.. I'll have to offer you a rain-check.
Nitpick? No, sir. I don't play that game.

I'm genuinely interested in learning about the unique features you're finding useful.

Nitpick? No, sir. I don't play that game.

I'm genuinely interested in learning about the unique features you're finding useful.

Well then - let me offer some help to phantomhelp
Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire
there is a features section that list out the features it offers.
the DJI app is unquestionably capable.
but I like the lay out of litichi, the devs are easily reachable for questions or enhancement requests.
I don't like the DJI app telling me i have to update all the time.
I don't like the DJI app now that it has GEO and that they run a background service that updates on a regular basis deciding where i can and cannot fly. I want an app to help with the operations of my QC, not an app to make decisions for me.
I suppose it is a subjective experience.

Reactions: Ciaran and Reed L
Well then - let me offer some help to phantomhelp
Nice list! Thank you for contributing. I'm sure this will be helpful for others wondering the same thing as the OP.

Reactions: Ciaran
Litchi has Waypoints, POIs, Orbit, curved line or straight line paths between WPs. All can be pre-programed, then uploaded and flown.

In the above mentioned individual WP activation, one can choose location, altitude, heading, curve size, rotation, gimbal pitch mode, camera action(if not doing curved paths) meaning start/stop recording,stay, take photo, tilt camera, rotate aircraft, one can set POIs and set camera angle (by picking height for camera to am at or above POI.)

You can set and adjust mission speed while in a mission. Along with switching, as normal, between P&F.

Has panorama, focus, and track.

There are several camera adjustments similar to DJI app(I've not flown/tested these due to Canadian weather recently)

I'm not sure of current commercial offerings of the above items in all cases(Android/iOS) as I am testing the beta version of iOS.

I have been pleased with the iOS beta versions to date and how they have performed so far....I seldom fly with DJI.

Equip. I use..... iOS mini 4, P3P with DJI/Litchi beta

Reactions: Reed L and msinger
Sounds like a possible purchase to me I like to plan my mission before hand.

The one thing I will say about pre-programmed waypoints - is that all three of my crashes on my P2 (I have not crashed either of my P3's knock on wood)... were caused by my trying to get too "cute" with my flight pattern and making a mistake with where a tree was or (once) not taking into consideration a hill. That's the big concern that needs to be considered with the pre-planned waypoints - it's easy to forget obstacles.

Just a public service announcement :)

Good point and sage advice with any app.

I never plot closer than about 5 meters to an object when passing by a willow tree leaning over a lake for example.

I can see the tree on the map but I give it room(plotted WP) as I pass down the treeline at 20 foot altitude and over the lake.

Obviously a tree can be larger(foliage), lean more, etc., than the map would indicate. So one has to take that into account on the plotted WP paths.

On those type shots I try to line up with the flight path so I can get as close to the overhanging willow foliage as possible as I pass along the bank but can abort if necessary.

I purchased litchi and planned a mission at home. Must say it was my best video yet but like above comments make sure it's planned correctly avoiding obstacles/trees.
Thumbs up for me

Reactions: Ciaran

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20