Litchi Folks, I Need Your Help

Reaction score
I have flown a couple of successful missions, however, I created a couple more new ones and I am getting the message "Mission Failed To Upload" it says my maximum distance is too far. In planning it tells me the time of the mission is 14 minutes at 2.1 miles. I can fly well over that and I also have Maxxrange installed from Itelite. Getting a little frustrated with this. Says my furthest waypoint is more than 7,537 ft. I have flown out to 15,000 ft. before. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Remember that there are some distance restrictions between the first and last waypoints ( couldn't find it in the manual, but believe it is something like 2000 feet). In any case, make sure that your last waypoint is close to your first one. I believe there is a similar maximum distance between waypoints too.

Reactions: Pharm
I have also had the furthest waypoint message,it is just a warning and you can still fly the mission,it does not stop you.
The failed to upload message I have had a few times, I just try again and it usually works.
I always lift off first, do my checks making sure all stick responses and other data ok in FPV mode, then still airborne change to waypoint mode and load the mission.

Paul,

Richard and Jay are both correct. I do some 6-7 mile runs and will get that message frequently. It is a warning message and you can continue with your mission.

The failure to load mission is a different error. It happens to me once in a while as well. I do as Jay does and put my bird in the air before intiating my mission. If I get the error, I will typically land and reboot everything just for safety sake.

On my longer runs battery level is critical so I don't want to be screwing around trying to get around the error. Once I've shut my bird down, I'll take the opportunity to review my entire mission just to be sure everything is as it should be. I'll fire everything back up and start again. It'll usually go the second time around.

I also put several waypoints close to me at the end of the mission. If I'm doing long runs I'm usually flying 120' or higher so it gives me a chance to bring the bird down a bit anyway. My last waypoint is typically right in front of me at about 50'.

Good luck and have some fun. Litchi is the only app I use and I've tried just about all of the over the past two years.

Jerry

Last edited:
The distance between consecutive waypoints must be between 0.5 m and 2000m. If the distance between any two consecutive waypoints is greater than 2000 m, you'll get the message that you got. Remember that this restriction also applies to the distance between the first and last waypoints.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr
Pharm,

My distance between waypoints is always well under 2000m. As I stated in my previous post the mission loading error is a different error and once I've received it, I'll do a complete reboot before a second attempt. There are so many pieces at play, the bird, RC, tablet and Litchi. Better to be safe than sorry. I've been getting that message from time to time since the inception of Litchi with different birds, RC's, tablets and versions of Litchi. It's enough to give me pause, re-check my mission and parameters and do a complete reboot but personally, it appears to be a bit of a bug. Every mission that I've had the error occur has gone off flawlessly (knock on wood) after executing the process that I described earlier.

Jerry

Max distance setting has to be greater than furthest way point. Way points have to be 1 mile or less to each other. Last way point has to be close enough to starting point.

Max distance setting has to be greater than furthest way point. Way points have to be 1 mile or less to each other. Last way point has to be close enough to starting point.
My question now is, how and where do you set max distance? The only setting I can find in the three cog settings menu in the upper right corner of the app is map safe area radius. Is that the max distance setting? I think I just found out my problem. It was set at 10000 ft. I was trying to go two miles which is a little over 10000 ft., my bad. I will adjust that and see what happens.

Yes, that should be it. Look at map after setting it.. pan out far, will see red circle where it can fly out that distance.

Yes, that should be it. Look at map after setting it.. pan out far, will see red circle where it can fly out that distance.
Now I am getting pissed, all I can fly is little piss ant missions in my backyard?!?!? I have a **** 5 mile range with my maxxrange Itelite antenna. I have adjusted the max distance and still won't let me take a 2 mile 7 minute flight!!!! I have been an avid diver all my life, I know how to plan for enough battery to get back, I've done the same as a diver with air!!! Only my life depended on that!!!!!

Set to 30,000 feet that's around 5 miles. With wind and other things the drone needs to be back with spare time. Without dual battery packs, even 8 mile round trip, no wind may be tight in itself.

Reactions: Paul A Byers
i'm getting the same problem as paul, annoying thing is I reloaded a mission I done first time round flawlessly. went to do it again and I get the "mission upload failure" message !!! but I done that mission before

Low signal can give that message. Try rebooting tablet/phone and drone.

@Paul A Byers, if you post the mission your having trouble with maybe someone can spot something.
Seems to me I've had this problem before and ended up adding a couple more waypoints for the trip home and then it worked.

Reactions: Paul A Byers
@Paul A Byers, if you post the mission your having trouble with maybe someone can spot something.
Seems to me I've had this problem before and ended up adding a couple more waypoints for the trip home and then it worked.
As soon as I find out how to post it where people can see my settings a parameters I will do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers