Litchi First Waypoint

Reaction score
Greetings from California!

Brand new forum member here, and a fairly new P3P pilot as well. While I’ve only had my Phantom for about 3 weeks, I’ve enjoyed every second; and at present have logged 52 flights and traveled approx. 50 miles.

Having experience with other drones and given my recent flight history, I figured I would stop being on the sidelines and join the forum. Anyway, to my question. Yesterday I decided to purchase the Litchi app. I felt comfortable with my understanding of the abilities and limitations of the quad. So with that, I mapped a route and completed my first waypoint mission yesterday. It was a (~6 miles trip) and it went great, no issues to speak of.

My only question (and I apologize if the forum holds the answer already but I didn’t find it), has to do with the 1st waypoint. Litchi estimates the flight time for the route, but does this include time to the 1st waypoint? Concerned that maybe it didn’t, I placed the first waypoint right on top of me to error on the side of caution. I don’t mind doing this but I’d like gain a better understanding for how Litchi estimates the route duration.

Best regards,

It starts from the first way point. Best way to see is if you press record button as soon as the first way point has been reached then end the recording when it hits the last way point.

Also did you know you have a setting that will automatically record as soon as you start the motors up [emoji4]

Reactions: andrewdp5
You really want to put the First or the Last waypoint close to you regardless, since while running a mission there is no "RTH" so to speak. Your final actions are "Hover", "Land" or "Return to first waypoint."

Reactions: andrewdp5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers