Litchi doesn't show restricted zone away from the site

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
I recently set up a Litchi flight over the Yellow River just to the east of Pensacola, Florida. There didn't appear to be any problems while setting up the flight, but a restricted zone showed up when attempting to launch the flight at the site. It turns out there is a small airstrip just across the river. After getting home, the restricted zone no longer appears on the iPad or on the online Litchi site. Is there a way to get restricted zones to show up when setting up flights?

When you say the zone showed up when attempting to launch the flight, could you clarify? Did you get a pop-up? Personally, I haven't noticed Litchi really doing anything with restricted zones. If you're flying with a DJI drone, I always check Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI in my planning and load up the DJI Go 4 app to unsure zones are unlocked, if necessary, before I open Litchi.

When you say the zone showed up when attempting to launch the flight, could you clarify?
Thanks for the reply. I'm talking about the map that is displayed in Litchi. At home, it shows the flight that was programmed and a satellite image of the terrain. At the site (but not at home), the map also shows the restricted areas highlighted in various colors. It would be nice if the restricted areas would also show up when not at the site during the planning. I don't understand why they would show up at the site but not at home.

Did you check B4UFLY to see if that area shows restricted, before going there? Good idea before flying in unfamiliar areas.
It’s also handy to quickly show others that it’s legal to fly at that location. Especially if they complain.

Did you check B4UFLY to see if that area shows restricted, before going there? Good idea before flying in unfamiliar areas.
It’s also handy to quickly show others that it’s legal to fly at that location. Especially if they complain.
I always check maps for airports (but missed a small airstrip in this case) and local regulations (most of my flights are in remote areas over forests and along rivers, where there may be regulations and/or a need for permits, for example, at wildlife refuges). I had also been relying on the restricted areas (which I seldom encounter) showing up on Litchi, but I didn't notice until this time that they only show up when you're at the site. I have done hundreds of flights without ever having this problem, apparently due to usually flying in remote areas. So I have learned a lesson! Thanks!

Reactions: Capt KO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers