Litchi controls V 2.0 but no video

Reaction score
My new Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0 flies fine with Litchi but there is no video or still photo capabilities. I am using iPad full size and latest firmware. fdI have full function with DJI GO 4 so I know the camera system works but not with Litchi. Most of my flying is Litchi waypoint missions an I really need to get it working. I have posted this on several forums and even tried to contact Litchi support but no one has given any help. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

ANYONE?? Surely someone has had this problem as many Litchi pilots out there. If you have ANY suggestions, please post here. I'm desperate to get Litchi waypoints back.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

ANYONE?? Surely someone has had this problem as many Litchi pilots out there. If you have ANY suggestions, please post here. I'm desperate to get Litchi waypoints back.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
Hi there,

I once had an issue, my P4 went blind, all I had was a black screen but at last I could control the aircraft. I tried everything, flushing Litchi and reinstalling, Dji Assistant calibration, name it, with no avail. Then I had a hint that it could have been the SD card. I replaced it for another one and everything went back to normal. I hope this can help.

Gilles

Hi there,

I once had an issue, my P4 went blind, all I had was a black screen but at last I could control the aircraft. I tried everything, flushing Litchi and reinstalling, Dji Assistant calibration, name it, with no avail. Then I had a hint that it could have been the SD card. I replaced it for another one and everything went back to normal. I hope this can help.

Gilles
Thanks Giles, yep I tried several cards and still same problem. I am afraid it is the firmware that came on the drone and I am hesitant to upgrade for fear of getting GEO and NFZ restrictions. I'd hate to have to go through the unlocking procedure just to fly from my back yard like I have done for 2 years. Would you happen to know if the firmware upgrades cause this to start showing?

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Thanks Giles, yep I tried several cards and still same problem. I am afraid it is the firmware that came on the drone and I am hesitant to upgrade for fear of getting GEO and NFZ restrictions. I'd hate to have to go through the unlocking procedure just to fly from my back yard like I have done for 2 years. Would you happen to know if the firmware upgrades cause this to start showing?

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Jim, I did the last update and nothing has changed. I live a few yards from a Class E control zone and I fly inside the zone most of the time without having to unlock. The aircraft won't start within 1,5 km of the airport but no problem beyond that radius. Of course, I have an SFOC, which is a Part 107 the Canadian way.

Thanks Rudder Bug, I appreciate that information. I am still considering trying it but with DJI's reputation on firmware upgrades, I am not comfortable doing it yet. The new map I looked at has the northern line of the fan from the Tupelo, MS Regional Airport exactly on my southern property line. I took my Phantom up to 300 feet and flew in that direction to see if I hit the "fence" but nothing happened so I know I am safe for now. If I knew for certain that I could roll back the firmware to its present state, v 4.3.5 then I'd give it a try. But, just waiting to see.

Thanks again for your posting,
Jim
WA5TEF

Thanks Rudder Bug, I appreciate that information. I am still considering trying it but with DJI's reputation on firmware upgrades, I am not comfortable doing it yet. The new map I looked at has the northern line of the fan from the Tupelo, MS Regional Airport exactly on my southern property line. I took my Phantom up to 300 feet and flew in that direction to see if I hit the "fence" but nothing happened so I know I am safe for now. If I knew for certain that I could roll back the firmware to its present state, v 4.3.5 then I'd give it a try. But, just waiting to see.

Thanks again for your posting,
Jim
WA5TEF

From the control zone boundary, it is a Class E airspace of 5 nautical mile radius from center of airport. Are you located within it? It wouldn't prevent your drone from starting unlless you are vrey close to the airport (inside the red circle on the DJI NFZ).

From the control zone boundary, it is a Class E airspace of 5 nautical mile radius from center of airport. Are you located within it? It wouldn't prevent your drone from starting unlless you are vrey close to the airport (inside the red circle on the DJI NFZ).
No, I am 9.5 miles from the end of the runway so I'd be out of that area. I'll just keep reading and see what I can learn. Thanks for the info.
Jim
WA5TEF

Hmmm, I don't think I did. I just closed the app and switched to Litchi. In fact I am not sure exactly how to sign out of GO 4 other than just closing it. Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Yes I did force Go 4 to close and the problem remains. I have full FPV control of the drone but only get one still image when the app is connected for the first time. After that the image freezes onscreen and nothing further is displayed. I have not tried any other flight modes other than FPV. DJI GO 4 works fine with full video but I much prefer Litchi. I’ll probably end up returning it for a refund. It’s a shame that there is not a solution. If I could be sure the new problems with the NFZ and GEO’s would not appear I’d even try the firmware upgrade. So I guess I’ll give up on the Phantom Pro 4 V 2.0.

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

GREAT NEWS! Got advice from another post to try a different device which I did. I reverted back to my old iPhone 6 with Litchi and it flew and video's perfectly! Great to be able to get answers from these forums.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Rudder Bug

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj