Litchi App

Reaction score
I have recently begun using the Litchi app with my Phantom 4. I've successfully learned how to program waypoint missions. Yesterday, I forgotto remove my lens cap before I started the mission. When I tried to retrieve the the drone to remove the lens cap, in could not find a way to abort the waypoint mission and bring the drone home to remove the cap. I hit the land command and ended up in a very bad situation. My drone came down in a corn field. Am I missing something or must i run the entire waypoint mission before I can regain control of the drone?

Reactions: Gulfstream
Bought it a week ago, wonderful, but!!!! You really need to know what you are doing with automatic waypoints, you can end up with a broken drone. Recommend to always double check altitude and the environment where you are letting the drone fly in auto-mode.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: proudman
Yesterday I panicked during a Orbit mission. It was pretty high and also the radius was quite large.
I saw only a very tiny spot - it was my Phantom orbiting. Suddenly my cell ringed and I looked on my phone.

When I looked back to the sky I couldn't find the tiny spot anymore and due to sunlight and heavy reflection it looked for me whether a black screen. Panic!

I located the home button at the lower left on the Litchi and touched it. When I heard the nice lady speaking "returning to home" I was sooooooo lucky!

I saw it straight coming over a water in reasonable hight and really was impressed about what state of the art electronics are able to do.

I like it!

Yesterday I panicked during a Orbit mission. It was pretty high and also the radius was quite large.
I saw only a very tiny spot - it was my Phantom orbiting. Suddenly my cell ringed and I looked on my phone.

When I looked back to the sky I couldn't find the tiny spot anymore and due to sunlight and heavy reflection it looked for me whether a black screen. Panic!

I located the home button at the lower left on the Litchi and touched it. When I heard the nice lady speaking "returning to home" I was sooooooo lucky!

I saw it straight coming over a water in reasonable hight and really was impressed about what state of the art electronics are able to do.

I like it!
I can imagine how happy you felt getting it back. Aren't we all afraid about not getting it back or having a crash?

By the way, was this button there all the time?

And another question: can you set the RTH height in litchi now or do you still have to use the DJI go app therefore?

It wasn't really luck.. The P4 did exactly what it was programed to do. RTH is just a function like 'auto takeoff' or 'auto landing'.

But having said that, I still appreciate the anxiety you felt when losing sight of your $1400 craft. :) I've done a few Litchi missions that took my P4 out of sight. I admit that my heart rate increases and I get a bad feeling in my stomach during the non visual portions of the route.

By the way, was this button there all the time?

And another question: can you set the RTH height in litchi now or do you still have to use the DJI go app therefore?

I do all general setup in DJI GO. I think I can't change RTH altitude in Litchi.

Cheers

Hi, Can I ask, I am about to get my new P4 and have been looking at Litchi, I have some questions for those in the know please.

Will it void the warranty if I use Litchi?
Will the flight plan details still upload to DJI if I use Litchi?

Cheers, Eric

I have recently begun using the Litchi app with my Phantom 4. I've successfully learned how to program waypoint missions. Yesterday, I forgotto remove my lens cap before I started the mission. When I tried to retrieve the the drone to remove the lens cap, in could not find a way to abort the waypoint mission and bring the drone home to remove the cap. I hit the land command and ended up in a very bad situation. My drone came down in a corn field. Am I missing something or must i run the entire waypoint mission before I can regain control of the drone?

Hi Jack
I just bought Litchi and did my first way point flight. I too had a reason to abort the mission. However, I could not cancel the mission and take over manual flight. It paused and hovered, but I could not figure out how to abort. Finally I hit the RTH button and it just started to drop where it was, which was not a great location. Eventually I figured how to cancel the RTH command, then I had control.

Since the has P S A as toggles, if I had toggled out of P, and into S or A, I may have regained control. Again, I am a little shy of experimenting around tree and other obstacles.

While in a way point mission, I also learned the RTH button does not send it up to my safe height and return to the home point of takeoff. It just starts to land where ever it is. I am not sure if the RTH works the same in all modes. I am a little shy of trying new stuff unless I am in a school yard where not much is available for a crash.

I would love to know how Litchi is designed to abort any mission in any mode with autonomous flight in control.
Dal

Hi Jack
I just bought Litchi and did my first way point flight. I too had a reason to abort the mission. However, I could not cancel the mission and take over manual flight. It paused and hovered, but I could not figure out how to abort. Finally I hit the RTH button and it just started to drop where it was, which was not a great location. Eventually I figured how to cancel the RTH command, then I had control.

Since the has P S A as toggles, if I had toggled out of P, and into S or A, I may have regained control. Again, I am a little shy of experimenting around tree and other obstacles.

While in a way point mission, I also learned the RTH button does not send it up to my safe height and return to the home point of takeoff. It just starts to land where ever it is. I am not sure if the RTH works the same in all modes. I am a little shy of trying new stuff unless I am in a school yard where not much is available for a crash.

I would love to know how Litchi is designed to abort any mission in any mode with autonomous flight in control.
Dal

Quickest way to abort a mission is to flip the switch. (Go from F to P mode on the P3, I'm not sure what it is on the P4). The other thing you can do is pull back on the right stick and it will fly the mission in reverse.

The RTH will simply land if you are within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point. Outside of that, it should go to RTH height. Make sure it is set in the LItchi app and its always a good idea to test it out ahead of time in open area so you can be confident in your equipment.

Quickest way to abort a mission is to flip the switch. (Go from F to P mode on the P3, I'm not sure what it is on the P4). The other thing you can do is pull back on the right stick and it will fly the mission in reverse.

The RTH will simply land if you are within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point. Outside of that, it should go to RTH height. Make sure it is set in the LItchi app and its always a good idea to test it out ahead of time in open area so you can be confident in your equipment.
Thanks for your response. After posting, I continued to do some research and yes, I found the same answers as you provided. I guess I should have looked before posting.
The P4 abort action for the autonomous modes is to go from P to S.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.