Litchi App

Reaction score
8da29dc5c225fbcea4edf1313e5f93fb.jpg

I am still relatively new to drone flying. I practice manual flying, and I get a little better every day. I want to make my 3rd video of the top of the mountain I live on. I am thinking of getting the litchi app to do it. My driveway is 5870' ASL. The base of the butte is at roughly 6200' ASL. I figure the rocks are about another 120 to 200'. If I make a way course with litchi on the GPS map will the altitude shown be AGI or ASL?
I could take the trail on the other side of the mountain and take off at the top of the trailhead at 6200 ASL. That would put me in a federal park. Is that a legal option? Second question. I want to use litchi for Mac computer, iPad and iPhone. Can this be done buying one app?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Altitudes are all reported relative to your take off location. So AGL, but not true AGL, but like I said, relative to your take off elevation.

So you will only need to buy Litchi for iOS. That will get your iOS devices. On the Mac, you will use their web based mission hub planning tool. This will sync your planned missions with your devices.

Taking off and landing in Federal parks is prohibited. So takeoff from outside the park and your fine. They can't stop over flights.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The displayed altitudes are based on the take-off location, which is 0 feet/meters.
In the Mission hub, Litchi now displays an estimate of elevation, which is helpful as you verify your plan.
2016-06-20_12-40-53.jpg
I also use Google Earth to plan my missions, using the ruler tool you can show elevations along the ruler to sanity check your settings.
2016-05-20_11-12-12.jpg
Remember that these are estimates based on Google Maps/Earth accuracy tolerances, and the Phantom can have a big discrepancy from the barometer based readings, so give yourself a lot of leeway on the initial run.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj