Litchi App

I assume you are referring to the P4P+ controller? Looking at DJI's pattern of development and motivation, I can say as soon as this afternoon at the earliest and never at the latest. I would bet on never. The P+ controller is Android, but I suspect it is a special version that is locked so as not to run third party apps. What motivation would DJI have to devote resources to open up the operating system? Just asking. If they sit tight you will buy a second RC ($319) and use a tablet. The real question is whether the super-bright Crystal Sky monitors that are announced will be (a) realistically priced, and (b) able to run third party apps.

Sounds to me like you may end up joining "the 2nd RC Club" with some of us P4P+ members

Reactions: setandforget
How 'bout with the P4P without the built-in screen. Will Litchi work on that (if not now, but in the future)?

Their FB page shows it works with the Phantom 4 Pro Android Beta 3.10.0 (build 1000), whatever that means. I'm guessing that means it does work now, and if not right this second, it will soon.

Yes ordered from DJI 5 week wait time, then found out B&H stocks them. Too much hassle to cancel my DJI order

Litchi will not be allowed to be installed on the P4P+ controller. Ever - according to the Litchi developer's communications with DJI. It is doubtful that DJI will allow it on CrystalSky monitors as well.

Did you find it difficult to switch between the 2 controllers?
You just need to relink the remote controller. It takes about 30 seconds to complete that process in DJI GO.

Just checking in on this thread, in anticipation of an imminent purchase of a P4P. I was on the phone briefly with DJI today and was told that the + controller _does_ support Litchi (but that it is not recommended, for the standard disclaimer reasons of voiding warrantee). Since the last post to this thread was in January, can anyone please update this information as to whether or not Litchi can be run on the +? Thanks.

DJI launched Ground Station, their version of the Litchi app. So I doubt very much they will ever allow it on closed protocol systems like the P4P+ controller.

And Ground Station isn't even allowed on the Pro+. That's their OWN app! Moreover, DJI has announced that 3rd party apps not only aren't able to be used in the P4Pro+ but they are blocked from CrystalSky monitors as well. It's in the FAQ on the DJI site.

Not going to happen, folks.

And Ground Station isn't even allowed on the Pro+. That's their OWN app! Moreover, DJI has announced that 3rd party apps not only aren't able to be used in the P4Pro+ but they are blocked from CrystalSky monitors as well. It's in the FAQ on the DJI site.

Not going to happen, folks.
Sad, a bad move by DJI, guess I will stick with my ipad mini 4.

Just checking in on this thread, in anticipation of an imminent purchase of a P4P. I was on the phone briefly with DJI today and was told that the + controller _does_ support Litchi (but that it is not recommended, for the standard disclaimer reasons of voiding warrantee). Since the last post to this thread was in January, can anyone please update this information as to whether or not Litchi can be run on the +? Thanks.
The DJI rep was either wrong or misunderstood your question, the P4P+ will not allow the user to install any 3rd party apps. There are some ongoing attempts at a workaround with varying levels of success, but out of the box, no dice.

Last edited:
The DJI rep was either wrong or misunderstood your question, the P4P+ will not allow the user to install any 3rd party apps. There are some ongoing attempts at a workaround with varying levels of success, but out of the box, no dice.

That may explain why, immediately after I mentioned reports to the contrary in this thread, my call was disconnected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164