Litchi app on Android

Anyone run into this issue. Was flying GS and got message that battery getting low returning to home. All of a sudden battery level dropped from 20% to 7% really fast and then I get message on screen "LANDING" . Had to go searching. Lucky it landed a couple of blocks away in a front yard. Today I was flying line of sight and was out about 700 ft and got the same message battery low landing. This time she came down in the woods. Went searching and lucky GPS map walked me to her. 6 ft up into some brush. Motors still running. One prop broken but otherwise ok. What this "landing" issue. Anyone have this?
Are you on firmware 3.14? Many users reports battery issues

Hi Kaehn,

The POI in your last video looked really great, well done. :)

Now you have achieved the impossible you know what we will all ask next

Adding a POI into a GS mission. Be great if that was on you online mission planner as well.

Well done again for the POI I didn’t think I would ever see that available.

Ya i didn't get a chance to reply last night, It is working now, don't know what happen, one thing after a flight i need to reboot the tablet then they will show up, this don't sound right, Is this what others are doing?
Thanks G

Anyone run into this issue. Was flying GS and got message that battery getting low returning to home. All of a sudden battery level dropped from 20% to 7% really fast and then I get message on screen "LANDING" .
Does it also happen with the DJI app?

Hi jensemann,

For the record button flashing, we made many UI changes recently, a lot of them aren't in the public release yet. See this video

This video shows the current state of things for the UI for P3/I1. For P2 the UI is a little different, we now show the record button and the take photo button at the same time on the screen, rather than having a switch.

Follow me is bugged with firmware 3.14, please do not use it, that's a known issue and we really want to fix that, at the same time it seems to be a bug in firmware 3.14. It works well with the same code with firmware 3.12. We've reached out to DJI and they answered us saying they will follow up, we are hoping they will fix it soon.
We have alerts telling users not to use it on our forums https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vctechplus/SAPpcadZyC4 , on our site http://flylitchi.com/faq and in the play store description.

So if it jumps 100m and if it's wrong, the accuracy will be high, and by default if the accuracy is higher than 5, the location is ignored and the phantom will stop moving. In the latest alpha versions, we keep the last known good location for a bit longer which should make it more reliable, but again with firmware 3.14, nothing works as it should.
If connection is lost, phantom will RTH. If you have dynamic homepoint on, it will normally come back to you/your mobile device.

Which max flight distance are you talking about? Generally our app does not have any limit.

If your wifi is disabled when starting the app, the app won't automatically connect to the phantom, and by doing that you could first cache maps, then tap the top button to connect (which will take care of everything including enabling wifi if its not enabled).
For airplane mode, since it also disables wifi, I think it would be a little annoying and could easily lead to problems. I personally never put airplane mode while flying too so it would have to be an option.

Kaehn, are there any plans to add POI to the P2V+ app?

I cooked my Galaxy Note 3 using this app the other day. Had flown 3 batteries of flights in close succession on full brightness and then my phone restarted into safe mode. After booting back up normally I found my phone had lost all app settings, my calendar had vanished and all my widgets gone. All I can think of is I overheated the phone as it had a case fitted. Bizzarre

I cooked my Galaxy Note 3 using this app the other day. Had flown 3 batteries of flights in close succession on full brightness and then my phone restarted into safe mode. After booting back up normally I found my phone had lost all app settings, my calendar had vanished and all my widgets gone. All I can think of is I overheated the phone as it had a case fitted. Bizzarre
P3 or P2?

For the max flight distance, I'm honestly not sure, something to test. I would assume the phantom won't go past that max distance even if we ask it to. I don't believe this value is exposed through the SDK though so not much we can do in terms of warnings.

I will test this today, I have mine set to max 1000m and i know for a fact i was at 925 m distance as part of a ground station mission.
The only problem is after 300m i lose connection and can't show proof that i have done it.

Rain stopped play ill have a test tomorrow

Last edited:
tested using not so scientific means it won't fly further than the limits set in the computer program. Also for height too

Quick question? Did Vision Plus change to Litchi? If so, when?
I recently purchased Vision Plus, will the app icon and/or app change on my phone / tablets?
Thanks

Keahn,

I am still running, firmware 3.08 on my P2V3, could this cause an issue with your APP or should I update firmware? I really do not wish to change firmware unless I have to.

Just purchased app. Looks really good. Can't wait to try it out.

Couple of questions:

1. What firmware does the Phantom need to be at to use this app?
2. When using GS, if the Phantom goes out of range, does it continue with the mission to the final waypoint?

Thanks,

Cliff

Kaehn, are there any plans to add POI to the P2V+ app?
Yes

Quick question? Did Vision Plus change to Litchi? If so, when?
I recently purchased Vision Plus, will the app icon and/or app change on my phone / tablets?
Vision Plus app is now Litchi, app icon and name will be changed in upcoming public release.

I am still running, firmware 3.08 on my P2V3, could this cause an issue with your APP or should I update firmware? I really do not wish to change firmware unless I have to.
3.08 should work just fine.

1. What firmware does the Phantom need to be at to use this app?
2. When using GS, if the Phantom goes out of range, does it continue with the mission to the final waypoint?
1. any firmware after 3.08 should be ok, 3.14 has a known issue with follow me which will be fixed shortly.
2. Yes

1. any firmware after 3.08 should be ok, 3.14 has a known issue with follow me which will be fixed shortly.

I see you removed the 3.14 warning on your site and plays store.
This means you fixed it and now it is bug free?

Correct

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor