Litchi and photos question

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got my first mission all set. I plan on making a large horizontal panorama along the waterfront and am wondering if Litchi will stop the drone at my designated waypoints to take the photo? I've got a straight line with 18 waypoints along it and each waypoint is set to take a photo with the same heading for each waypoint. Do I also need to add an action such as "stop for 2 seconds" on each waypoint? I'm worried that Litchi is going to take the photos while the drone is in motion and I'd prefer it to stop....I would also like to know for future missions and this one as I don't want to program in a stop for these 18 waypoints if I can avoid it.

Cheers

If you're not already, do your mission planning on a desktop or laptop. You will see in the settings for each waypoint a spot that says "Actions." You can set up many actions for each waypoint. Including, pause for "X" amount of time, take photo, rotate, etc. My question is, why do a bunch of waypoints to take the panorama? It will take panorama shots any way you'd like as well. Unless you're traveling a good long distance between each waypoint, you will be accomplishing the same thing. Or are you shooting the coast and doing it close in? That may be easier.

You don't have to stop at a waypoint to take photo.

I'm no photography expert by any means, but I don't think you'll get a very effective panorama using photos taken from different locations. I'm not sure any panorama program could stitch all those photos together because of parallax issues. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, becuase if I am I'm sure the result would be cool.

If you're not already, do your mission planning on a desktop or laptop. You will see in the settings for each waypoint a spot that says "Actions." You can set up many actions for each waypoint. Including, pause for "X" amount of time, take photo, rotate, etc. My question is, why do a bunch of waypoints to take the panorama? It will take panorama shots any way you'd like as well. Unless you're traveling a good long distance between each waypoint, you will be accomplishing the same thing. Or are you shooting the coast and doing it close in? That may be easier.

There is little to no documentation on what the non-spherical panorama mode does or how it works. I plan on experimenting with it over the next few days. All of those actions are quite easily entered on the app on the iPad as well but I will look at mission planning on the Mac at a later point.

Cheers

I'm no photography expert by any means, but I don't think you'll get a very effective panorama using photos taken from different locations. I'm not sure any panorama program could stitch all those photos together because of parallax issues. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, becuase if I am I'm sure the result would be cool.

Adobe Camera Raw does an excellent job at correcting the lens distortion on my Phantom Photos, it actually has the lens profile built into it. I've done a few 6-image panoramas but that is just from rotating the camera from a static position. I like to experiment and will post results if I get the courage up to go out tonight.

Adobe Camera Raw does an excellent job at correcting the lens distortion on my Phantom Photos, it actually has the lens profile built into it. I've done a few 6-image panoramas but that is just from rotating the camera from a static position. I like to experiment and will post results if I get the courage up to go out tonight.
Awesome, looking forward to it. I've used a program called Huggin and the Litchi panorama mode to create great 360 panoramas in the past, but rotated around a single point. I hope your experiments go well.

There is little to no documentation on what the non-spherical panorama mode does or how it works. I plan on experimenting with it over the next few days. All of those actions are quite easily entered on the app on the iPad as well but I will look at mission planning on the Mac at a later point.

Cheers
Yeah, documentation seems to be severely lacking these days. I use an android device, a Shield K1. I know on Android litchi app there are things on the tablet you can't do from the desktop. And things you can do from desktop but not tablet. Its weird. But you hit the nail on the head, go out and practice like crazy, you'll get it all worked out. I'm pretty sure for the built in Panorama feature, you tell it to rotate "X" degrees and shoot, rotate, shoot. You're able to fine tune it quite well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic