Litchi and obstacle avoidance P4

That's one of the questions I have, actually. What happens if one of these apps crashes mid-flight? I keep seeing stories about that where it can't get reconnected, etc. Does it automatically reconnect when you re-launch it?

Also, just being me, I would be paranoid about using a third-party app to control my drone that isn't from DJI. Are these apps fairly reliable on the same level? I'm guessing yes or else they wouldn't exist anymore. :)

If the app crashes mid flight you can re-launch the app or launch DJI Go App. However during your mission planning you can set the parameters in the app to return home if an RC disconnect happens. Also even if the app crashes and the Phantom is connected to the RC you have full control

Reactions: That Cicero Guy
That's one of the questions I have, actually. What happens if one of these apps crashes mid-flight? I keep seeing stories about that where it can't get reconnected, etc. Does it automatically reconnect when you re-launch it?

Also, just being me, I would be paranoid about using a third-party app to control my drone that isn't from DJI. Are these apps fairly reliable on the same level? I'm guessing yes or else they wouldn't exist anymore. :)
It is my understanding that if you lose signal during a Litchi way point mission the, the AC will continue until the mission is finished. Although there is a grey area, Litchi documentation states that for the AC to perform gimbal manipulation or speed changes, the AC must be connected to the RC and the Litchi app must be running. If you lose connection the mission will continue without the speed changes or gimbal adjustments. During manual flight (FPV) As with GO the APP monitors the flight and provides video and parametric feed back. You can , of course use the app to send RTH, or auto land etc, but the AC will function with or without an app. So unless you are using one of the programmed Litchi functions ie Orbit, Course Lock, Pano, Waypoints. the app is not in control of te AC.

Reactions: That Cicero Guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav