Litchi and Internet Access

Reaction score
Hello. I've read various posts on this topic but can't seem to come across anything that nails down what I am looking for.

I use Litchi exclusively and have only used Way points to date. I have always used my phone but just picked up an iPad Mini 2 - WiFi only. I understand the caching of the maps topic, but my question is, when does Litchi require access to the Internet? When I fire up the app out in the field, how can it download a mission? Or, can't it? I've read of people putting their phone/device in to airplane mode but would like to have a better understanding of how it works.

I can use my phone as a mobile hot spot if need be so I am definitely not dead in the water.

Thank you

Litchi would only need internet access to download a mission saved in hub or to cache a map area not already saved. I hot spot my phone if I need a map cached or a mission not on my tablet.

Litchi would only need internet access to download a mission saved in hub or to cache a map area not already saved. I hot spot my phone if I need a map cached or a mission not on my tablet.
Thank you very much. So, "a mission not on my tablet." Am I able to download missions from the hub and use them "off line?"

Yes, wifi your tablet/device by either "At home" or hot spotted and it will appear. Then no further internet is required.

Reactions: InforGuy
Yes, wifi your tablet/device by either "At home" or hot spotted and it will appear. Then no further internet is required.
Ok I feel like a dim light. So, essentially you're saying if I am out in the field, I'll have to fire up the hot spot, load a mission, and then I can disconnect from the Internet. If I have let's say 10 missions, I'll just have to keep repeating this process.

So essentially there is no way to "download" all of my missions and somehow store them locally on my device?

Thanks again.

A new mission has to be downloaded. Once it's downloaded it stays on device unless deleted.

Making a mission on device (in the field) , once device is on wifi again, that mission will appear in HUB.

If you have 10 missions on HUB at home, in the field you hot spot, all 10 missions will appear on device and will stay there unless deleted.

Ok, got it. Thanks very much.

One thing. I belve that in the field if you delete the mission, once again on WIFI it would also delete the mission from HUB.

Something I just realized - if I load up a mission and then turn off wifi/hot spot, can the mission still be flown accurately? Location Services on my tablet requires wifi to be turned on.

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, Litchi missions are planned with co-ordinates, The phantom gps knows where it is. Location services not needed.

Reactions: InforGuy
I just bought an IPAD pro. I want to generate 4 missions with the HUB, download them to the IPAD, go offline and use them. I'm guessing that there is no way to do this off-line?
Open Litchi while on wifi. Open the saved mission(S). They will now be on your device for offline use.

Open Litchi while on wifi. Open the saved mission(S). They will now be on your device for offline use.

I'm doing something wrong, As long as I'm logged, I can see all of my missions. As soon as I log out, they all disappear.
I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for a long time. This is my first IPAD and I'm really lost.

Why are you logging out?

Why are you logging out?
I go many places that Hot Spots are not available.
I like the IPAD, but this is disappointing.
With my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, I carry dozens of missions with me and don't need internet access.
However, the S2 is sketchy about making a connection with the Phantom. I know it's the Tab S2, because I have 3 Phantom 3s and 2 Phantom 4s.
I bought the IPad as a dedicated tablet, just for flight.
I sure hope I can find a way around this!

But why log out? I stay logged in on both my Nvidia shield and my S5. All missions show on both devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20