Litchi advice for P3 Standard - and is the GPS better ?

Reaction score
OK...so im tettering on the edge of buying this app but I don't want to make the jump because of the comments regarding the return to home issues. Just to clarify does this issue only affect the VR modes ? Im desperate to try it but for that one factor.
I really keen on the orbit modes and the fact that Litchi seems to be able to orbit at a lower altitude. Someone sell me the pros and cons! BTW..I have a phantom 3 standard . My first video was posted on you tube yesterday after 1 week of flying experience. so much to learn about lighting , speed ,frame rates and just smooth piloting!

"When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue."

and so ...how will this affect my use of the Patti and all that other cool stuff ?.,

Btw - is the LItchi GPS positioning better than the go-app?

Btw - is the LItchi GPS positioning better than the go-app?

I don't know for sure. . .
But i experience when the quad auto landing while using litchi, i saw slight distance between homepoint to the quad actual position. It was 5meters away.
Is this regarding to apps issue?
Though in my opinion, RTH and autolanding is built in feature of the quad.

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

GPS I would say is about the same. Never tries a direct comparison but also haven't noticed any problems. I tried the vr mode once and it was pretty cool. Got a little motion sick but I'm prone to it. Never went out of range so not sure on the hover or return to home. I will have to try that out this week. I have a p3 4k so hopefully it will act like your p3s. I do enjoy the litchi app and fly it half the time. The main draw back for me is it doesn't save the video feed that the app sees like the go app does. I like to be able to review the footage right away on my tablet even share it if needed.

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

With the modes that are affected, I wouldn't worry too much as it's not recommended you fly out of range with VR etc as you can't whip off the goggles and see LOS. Plus if it did loose signal it will hover, so if the worst happens just get closer so you regain signal to land or bring it back home. Track and follow modes you will 99% of the time be within radio range.

For waypoint missions you can set it so when it to RTH when done.

Love Litchi, for £20 you can't go wrong, plus if you don't like it you can get a refund (within 2 hours on Android, 14 days for Apple)

RTH is a selectable option or manual flying. The default setting, and this is where many folk complain that 'Litchi lost my drone', is to hover. Which is what it will do until the battery runs out if signal is not regained.
Set it to RTH, and no problem, people just refuse to read the manual lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj