Linking Controller to different Phantom 3

Reaction score
I've tried searching, but could not find an answer. I crashed my Phantom 3, and sold it for parts. The person that bough my remote controller contacted me and said that he is unable to connect the controller to his phantom. He said he contacted DJI and they said this isn't possible because it has "a one time binding mode for security and will not bind again once bond to its original unit"

Is this true? If so, this sucks even more if you crash your phantom as you can't sell a perfectly good remote? Even if you send it to DJI they can't program it for you?

I've tried searching, but could not find an answer. I crashed my Phantom 3, and sold it for parts. The person that bough my remote controller contacted me and said that he is unable to connect the controller to his phantom. He said he contacted DJI and they said this isn't possible because it has "a one time binding mode for security and will not bind again once bond to its original unit"

Is this true? If so, this sucks even more if you crash your phantom as you can't sell a perfectly good remote? Even if you send it to DJI they can't program it for you?
Cant confirm but doesn't sound right at all. What if the controller was damaged, lost or stolen? That would mean the P3 would be worthless and ya couldn't just buy a new TX?? IDK. Doesn't sound right to me.

wow... I'd be really surprised if this is true - there doesn't seem to be a sound technical reason for why they would design the controller this way... it's not like you can link tto a phantom without touching it.

However, in the manual it says something about the controller unlinking itself from the phantom if another controller is linked to it. (Pg 29). So it sounds like it might be plausible that you have to unlink the controller this way before it can be linked to a new aircraft... which is STOOOOOOOPID

Have you searched the manual? Why not?

Page 28 explains how to bind and mentions it's required when using a 'new controller'.

I contacted DJI and they sent me this video that shows how to do it. Hopefully this works for him

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future

Reactions: Huskerfan
wow... I'd be really surprised if this is true - there doesn't seem to be a sound technical reason for why they would design the controller this way... it's not like you can link tto a phantom without touching it.

However, in the manual it says something about the controller unlinking itself from the phantom if another controller is linked to it. (Pg 29). So it sounds like it might be plausible that you have to unlink the controller this way before it can be linked to a new aircraft... which is STOOOOOOOPID

No, no, no.

It simply means that if you try to use the first/original controller it won't work.

Basically you can only be bound to one Tx/controller at a time.

No, no, no.

It simply means that if you try to use the first/original controller it won't work.

Basically you can only be bound to one Tx/controller at a time.

I would hope that's what it means... but (as always) they way DJI wrote it isn't super clear.

By the way - nothing in the OP's message suggests that he/she didn't "search the manual" - it was a third party who said they tried to bind it, but it wouldn't work... so you're kinda yelling at the wrong person.

Not yelling at anyone.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I contacted DJI and they sent me this video that shows how to do it. Hopefully this works for him

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future

thank you! This helped me to link my new bird to my old controller!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic