Lil.. HELP Please ? battery died @ 781 ft . Thats Why There Is No Data Or camera Recording ..?

Reaction score
1st Time I Ever Heard Of This Happening , HELP !! ? ( Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones ) I know this is very hard to believe but I saw it happen myself with my own eyes, Here in California. All we have is sagebrush and chaparral, obviously that is what saved my precious bird, only broke one propeller still flying yet today. Beautiful video I love this thing ,

No mystery here and no real surprise. You launched with a half charged battery (makes it harder for the algorithms to accurately determine remaining capacity) and the AC ran out if juice before it could make it home. I probably wouldn't have been flying higher when I was getting low battery warnings.

As WTB said, you flew with a half charged battery, your current draw on the outbound legs of your trip show between 15-20 amps, maybe a wind factor, and it ended badly. You had a couple of low battery warnings as well.

As WTB said, you flew with a half charged battery, your current draw on the outbound legs of your trip show between 15-20 amps, maybe a wind factor, and it ended badly. You had a couple of low battery warnings as well.
The wind was over 20km/hr, he wasn't flying directly into it on the return leg but it wasn't behind the AC either.

The wind was over 20km/hr, he wasn't flying directly into it on the return leg but it wasn't behind the AC either.
Looking at the map info with the battery info, it appears that as he is flying away from HP, there is a greater current draw as opposed to flying back towards him. A generalisation for sure, but I'm looking for an obvious indicator to his battery capacity and the effect of either wind or throttle input. My experience with reviewing a challenging flight with the wind are very similar to the OPs data. Then again, I am fully charged when I take off and I listen to both the voices from the app and the ones in my head.......

Please help me find an explanation why this happened I am going to send the remote control back into DJI I have recently bought another without the screen built-in am currently using that and very happy I use an 18 inch Samsung Galaxy view mounted on my steering wheel

Please help me find an explanation why this happened I am going to send the remote control back into DJI I have recently bought another without the screen built-in am currently using that and very happy I use an 18 inch Samsung Galaxy view mounted on my steering wheel

Strange - the aircraft began climbing immediately after RTH was first initiated at 5' 15", even though it was already well above the RTH height that was set. I see no indication what might have caused that, but it was not responding properly.

You or the drone starts RTH and that goes fine. Then there are three climbs afterwards?

Per the data you applied throttle at 403.5 s into the flight during RTH.

Otherwise you likely would have made it - you were only 130 m from Home.

Shouldn't the drone override that and just land?

upload_2017-4-29_8-9-26.png

You or the drone starts RTH and that goes fine. Then there are three climbs afterwards?

Per the data you applied throttle at 403.5 s into the flight during RTH.

Otherwise you likely would have made it - you were only 130 m from Home.

Shouldn't the drone override that and just land?

View attachment 81289

I don't think that's the problem. The throttle command applied at 403 s was to descend, after it had already climbed to 635 ft without input. It was behaving very strangely.

altitude_throttle.jpg

Reactions: lone droner
I don't think that's the problem. The throttle command applied at 403 s was to descend, after it had already climbed to 635 ft without input. It was behaving very strangely.

View attachment 81290

Doh! I assumed the change in throttle and the corresponding climb were together. This is indeed strange.

Also note that while the heading doesn't change at all, at the top of the last climb there's some movement back and forth.
upload_2017-4-29_13-42-41.png

Doh! I assumed the change in throttle and the corresponding climb were together. This is indeed strange.

Also note that while the heading doesn't change at all, at the top of the last climb there's some movement back and forth.
View attachment 81297

Yes - none of that was from stick input either.

Looks a bit like the GPS was reporting badly, judging by the oscillations in the speed record.

speed_input.jpg

Strange ringing look to those speed changes ... this is very spooky stuff.

Any indications that a feature was being used (Active Track, etc.)?

I note that the speed oscillations are with the elevator pinned ... electrical interference from the motors or ESC's leaking into the GPS?

Strange ringing look to those speed changes ... this is very spooky stuff.

Any indications that a feature was being used (Active Track, etc.)?

I note that the speed oscillations are with the elevator pinned ... electrical interference from the motors or ESC's leaking into the GPS?

Nothing in the log indicates a special flight mode. Satellite count was 16 - 17 throughout. I have no idea about the likelihood of the motor circuits interfering with GPS reception.

Nothing in the log indicates a special flight mode. Satellite count was 16 - 17 throughout. I have no idea about the likelihood of the motor circuits interfering with GPS reception.

It shouldn't - but the correlation of the pitch and GPS velocity means something. "Sparking" is broad band and that could swamp the GPS just enough.

The IMU might have been defective or doing something bizarre. At max pitch it would be trying to moderate speed. Do you have the CSVView version of this data ... look at the gyro pitch values while the pitch stick is set forward.

The IMU might have been defective or doing something bizarre. At max pitch it would be trying to moderate speed. Do you have the CSVView version of this data ... look at the gyro pitch values while the pitch stick is set forward.

There do not appear to be any gyro pitch data in the file.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik