Lights

Reaction score
Hello all,

Quick question, well actually a couple of questions if you don't mind?
Firstly I'm having some issues with flickering and a green bar on my Ipad while using my DJI P4, the guy I bought it off thinks it might be because my IPad is an older version, so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so do you have a solution.
Second question, I'm looking to do some close inspection work for which a set of lights woudl be very helpful, does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers,
Steve
Pilot
Hawkeye Aero

The flickering/green bar, I believe, is due to the iPad not being able to decompress the visual data fast enough. Which iPad model are you using?

These links detail DJI recommendations (although they are not DJI websites so use with a grain of salt):

The DJI P4 specs list these as recommended devices...
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

As for lights, I have no experience but, in my research on the same topic, these quite often come up as popular... https://www.amazon.com/qudos-ACTION-Video-Light-GoPro/dp/B00N7FL3RY?th=1

Last edited:
Hey Dharszolin,
Thanks for that feedback, I think that the problem is indeed the older model Ipad that I'm using, but just wanted to check before I rushed out and bought another, not sure what model it is but it is about 3 years old now. As for the lights, cheers for the link I will have a look.
Thanks again,
Steve

I updated my post with more info since you posted so there is more accurate info there. As for the model, on your iPad do the following...

Go to Settings -> General -> About -> Scroll down and look for "Model"

Compare the Model number to the below wikipedia page and you will know the "Common Name" of the iPad

iPad - Wikipedia

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31