Lighthouse on the Sandhills

Reaction score
Well here goes, my first pic posted here on the forum. It's a 5-shot HDR image I took yesterday at sunset. The location is Alberton Harbour, Prince Edward Island, Canada, about a 15 minute drive from my home. The lighthouse, which no longer functions, is situated on the Cascumpec Sandhills along the Island's northern shore. PS. The reddish color is due to the high iron content of the soil we have here on P.E.I. which rusts when exposed to the air.

cascumpec_lighthouse.jpg

Last edited:
Well here goes, my first pic posted here on the forum. It's a 5-shot HDR image I took yesterday at sunset. The location is Alberton Harbour, Prince Edward Island, Canada, about a 15 minute drive from my home. The lighthouse, which no longer functions, is situated on the Cascumpec Sandhills along the Island's northern shore. PS. The reddish color is due to the high iron content of the soil we have here on P.E.I. which rusts when exposed to the air.

View attachment 119679
Great picture. I was there last summer. My wife is from summerside. We went to thunder cliffs to see the teacup. Great place and great people.

Reactions: RotorWash_UAV
Nice picture. I'm amazed that anything could grow in that type of soil.
Thank you WV. Rootman. The soil here is actually very fertile and many different crops are grown here. In fact, the Island is sometimes referred to as "the Garden Province" of Canada. Although we are the smallest province in both land mass and population, we produce more potatoes here than anywhere else in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: WV. Rootman
Great picture. I was there last summer. My wife is from summerside. We went to thunder cliffs to see the teacup. Great place and great people.
Thanks very much DenMac! If she gets to see it, I hope your wife likes the pic! I'll post one of MacCallums Point below for her, she'll know where that is.

maccallums_point .jpg

Reactions: snowy23 and DenMac
Thank you for the picture. My wife was born there but given up for adoption and was raised in New Jersey. She always felt like she needed to go back there. So she finally found her mom through research and connected with her. So we went last year. She has 2 sisters there and it was a great family reunion. I was so blow away about how nice people are there. So now we have family there we plan on going every year. Except this year because of covid. Great seafood. Safe flying and keep those pics coming.

• Love
Thank you for the picture. My wife was born there but given up for adoption and was raised in New Jersey. She always felt like she needed to go back there. So she finally found her mom through research and connected with her. So we went last year. She has 2 sisters there and it was a great family reunion. I was so blow away about how nice people are there. So now we have family there we plan on going every year. Except this year because of covid. Great seafood. Safe flying and keep those pics coming.
What a wonderful heartwarming story! I could say a great happy ending but it's really a happy new beginning. Hope you'll both be able to join us again soon DenMac. Btw, MacCallums Point is part of Lower Bedeque that extends into Summerside Harbour. Cheers!

Incredible. Your technique and workflow is as good as it gets. Really nice work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic