lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

Reaction score
Hello Friend. I have an issue with lightbridge air unit flash. I did Lightbridge GS as you said in your thread and it worked, but when i tried to flash Air Unit, it started pretty well, but it stops in 90% when sending first .img file. I tried to do it many times (with/without reset), but its similliar problem every time i do it. Can you help me with it?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Hello Friend. I have an issue with lightbridge air unit flash. I did Lightbridge GS as you said in your thread and it worked, but when i tried to flash Air Unit, it started pretty well, but it stops in 90% when sending first .img file. I tried to do it many times (with/without reset), but its similliar problem every time i do it. Can you help me with it?
Did you use reset pin as detailed in the procedure?

Reaction score
Hello buddy...its been a while since I last did this procedure. I remember providing step by step ways to reflash the NAND chip. just follow the instructions if it doesnt work then your NAND chip is bricked or unable to get fixed and you must find another wifi 2.4 ghz board to flash. my primary reason of inability to help with precision is due to the fact I no longer have a phantom 2 vision plus to fix. you need to have a complete bird in order to finalice a job. there is no way to corroborate if this fix worked unless you have a way to test.
Lonestar. Caesar

Reaction score
I still couldn't restore the air unit. The uploading process stops at 90% .... I tried it on different computers but the result does not change! They said that it was necessary to change the NAND. Who has any ideas? Can you help in this matter

Reaction score
Hello buddy...its been a while since I last did this procedure. I remember providing step by step ways to reflash the NAND chip. just follow the instructions if it doesnt work then your NAND chip is bricked or unable to get fixed and you must find another wifi 2.4 ghz board to flash. my primary reason of inability to help with precision is due to the fact I no longer have a phantom 2 vision plus to fix. you need to have a complete bird in order to finalice a job. there is no way to corroborate if this fix worked unless you have a way to test.
Lonestar. Caesar
Apparently the NAND processor is really blocked. I have done the firmware procedure a hundred times and the result is always the same. The process stops at 90%. And what can replace it? Are there such NAND processors on sale? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in Kyrgyzstan, I have one such lightbridge. There is nowhere to take a worker.

Reaction score
First try to reflow the NAND. Also try running the command while pushing a bit on it, and on the DaVinci processor - if chips need reflow, then pushing on then will have influence on the results, either the flashing will stop further or earlier.

If that won't help - just buy the NAND chip. Here's how I replaced the same chip, on a different board though:

Reaction score
First try to reflow the NAND. Also try running the command while pushing a bit on it, and on the DaVinci processor - if chips need reflow, then pushing on then will have influence on the results, either the flashing will stop further or earlier.

If that won't help - just buy the NAND chip. Here's how I replaced the same chip, on a different board though:
Thanks for the answer! How can you reprogram the NAND chip? Tell me please. I do everything according to the instructions from the first post. I have never done this. Therefore, I will be very grateful if you teach me how to reprogram the NAND chip!

Reaction score
Which one is nand? Are you talking about heat it up with a soldering station?

Attachments

• cfff8d8a-f163-4b51-8766-5250c02c1bd6.jpg
    cfff8d8a-f163-4b51-8766-5250c02c1bd6.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 9
  • 8ee012b2-c7c0-4c77-ba90-10fb827566a6.jpg
    8ee012b2-c7c0-4c77-ba90-10fb827566a6.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
DJI covers the chips in black resin, just to make everybody life more difficult. Like it was some kind of secret which chips can be used for what function..

Anyway, DJI also re-uses the same circuit over and over. So you will find the same chips in newer Lightbridge, and updated versions of the same chips in Phantom 3. For some of these, we have pictures with resin scraped off, or boards from products released without the resin.

O-Gs wiki - boards

For how to reflow - make sure to watch some videos on this.

Reaction score
Can you show in the photo which NAND chip? I will remove the resin and see what the chip number is. Then I will look for him for sale. It is not clear from your link what the designation of the chip is. Or just give the number of the chip you need to replace the NAND

Reaction score
Look at Lightbridge 2 board. I'm pretty sure they used the same chips there, only RAM chip is doubled to handle higher video resolution.

For how to reprogram whole NAND - I did that here, again on different board, but circuit is the same:

Reaction score
We changed the NAND on the board, the first time the load exceeded 90%, but ended in failure. The second time they started to flash and again the download reaches 90% and stops. I do everything according to the instructions, but again failure. Don't know what to do anymore? Try to put another NAND?

Reaction score
If you're powering the board from USB, try using normal supply instead.
You may also try reflow the Davinci chip.

Other than that - figuring this out would require checking on which specific instruction the flashing stopped, and what that means. Not an easy route.

Reaction score
If you're powering the board from USB, try using normal supply instead.
You may also try reflow the Davinci chip.

Other than that - figuring this out would require checking on which specific instruction the flashing stopped, and what that means. Not an easy route.
we use normal supply instead. , not from usb

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demenslens