Lichti app is a hazard to Standard and 4K models

Reaction score
The great thing about Lichti is that you can set waypoints and then let it go on its way, knowing that when you lose signal, it'll finish its way points and come back home.

Well, apparently NOT for the Standard and 4K models.

Anyone know why???

"Warning - When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead."

Help - Litchi

Your title is quite misleading, a wp mission on a standard (I'd bet the 4k also but I have a standard not 4k) absolutly WILL continue a wp mission in the event of signal loss no problem. It is a we'll known smart move on any model phantom to set the last wp near where your location will be so it will be near you upon completing the mission and signal will be regained if it was lost during the mission. You left out the rest of that warning from the litchi site, the not returning home if signal lost is only during specific modes, vr immersive, follow me, etc to name a couple. The modes you can be in that will cause the standard/4k to not return home in the event of signal loss are spelled out loud and clear in that warning from litchi that you quoted but for whatever reason left that part of the warning out in your post. I fly a standard as I mentioned and fly litchi wp missions quite often and it does exactly what it's advertised as doing which is flying the mission as programmed by the operator even if signal is lost. All anyone needs to do with a standard/4k is read litchis headsup on which modes will cause their craft to hover rather than rth in the event of signal loss and plan accordingly rather than rely on half truths or misinformed threads on the forum.

Reactions: microscopes
You have taken only part of the warning and completely out of context. If you had properly read the entire warning:

"When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue. "

Made the same mistake, freaked out and posted a similar thread when I first got Litchi.:blush: I read the complete warning now and it makes perfect sense. I'm not even sure why this warning even needed saying. If I am using Litchi in "Follow" and at 3 miles from home I lose connection I hope it hovers at that point and not attempt to RTH :)

In any case, this warning has been misinterpreted by more than you and I. When I first read it all I saw was "When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost ...." :anguished:Yikes. A simple rewording such as "When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro) in the flight modes of yadee, yadee, ya, be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control"

I fly both Standard and 4K with Litchi and was initially confused by wording above. this after I had flown several long flights out of controller range. Rewording might not be a bad idea. Keep in mind they are translating from several different languages.

Reactions: microscopes
Made the same mistake, freaked out and posted a similar thread when I first got Litchi.:blush: I read the complete warning now and it makes perfect sense. I'm not even sure why this warning even needed saying. If I am using Litchi in "Follow" and at 3 miles from home I lose connection I hope it hovers at that point and not attempt to RTH :)

In any case, this warning has been misinterpreted by more than you and I. When I first read it all I saw was "When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost ...." :anguished:Yikes. A simple rewording such as "When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro) in the flight modes of yadee, yadee, ya, be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control"

My fault guys.

I agree with you though, the warning is poorly worded!

Reactions: GhostRdrTat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie