Lichi

Reaction score
hi all,
Can anybody tell me if the Lichi app can replace the DJI Vision app?, as like so many other people on here I can't connect to wifi so my camera/ fvp is useless.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

You can try it, but if you cannot connect it would not be worth it to buy. First, try to connect with DJI go.

Usually it's just a matter of settings, sequence. Try another device as well.

To answer you first question... yes. I only use Lichi. Are you only having trouble with the DJI app? Your first post isn't clear.

To answer you first question... yes. I only use Lichi. Are you only having trouble with the DJI app? Your first post isn't clear.
Hi Mike,
When I try to connect to wifi which works sometimes if I'm lucky it then says "unable to connect to camera",
I was wondering if the Lichi app would solve the problem, it's a phantom 2 vision,
Thanks for reply

Interesting... I can't speak directly to the P2. I fly a 3 Standard. It sounds like an interference issue or maybe an antenna connection isn't quite seated. Try to narrow down the exact conditions like location and distance. Are there other WiFi access points nearby? Also, GrammatonxXXxCleric mentions "sequence". Kudos to that idea. DJI can be finicky about the order you turn everything on... bird, then RC, then app. Make note of different results as the order you power up changes. Have you always had this issue? If not, what changes were made recently??

Funny.... I have experienced this a couple times with Litchi (P3P) but fixed with cycling through the power up sequence.
TX/bird/then app.

Unless im wrong.... The TX should always be powered up first (its a failsafe), followed by the RX (the Pantom) and then the app. Sometimes when the app doesn't connect has been when the TX and app are running before i have turned on the Phantom, and have had to re start the whole process.

Litchi is using the same software code that is in DJI Go. (DJI open sources for developers). I think you need to work out your problem first.... but hey, it's not a big investment.

What tablet/phone are you using?

SB

Litchi is using the same software code that is in DJI Go. (DJI open sources for developers). I think you need to work out your problem first.... but hey, it's not a big investment.

What tablet/phone are you using?

SB
Hi Sage, it's an iPhone 5c, I will try again later with the right sequence, I don't think DJI go goes down to the phantom 2 vision, my app is DJI vision.

Hi Sage, it's an iPhone 5c, I will try again later with the right sequence, I don't think DJI go goes down to the phantom 2 vision, my app is DJI vision.

Let us know what works. I can't believe it's your iPhone.

Frustrating.

SB

This question might yield better results if it was moved/posted in the P2V section of the forum.

Also, please consider changing your title to something more specific than "Lichi," which is misspelled anyway. "Can Litchi replace the DJI Vision app for my P2V" might attract the people who know the answer you're looking for.

The way the P2V and P2V+ connect to the DJI Vision app is totally different than how the P3 connects via cable to the phone or tablet and then to the DJI GO app. People familiar with the P3 and later Phantoms may have no knowledge of the Phantom 2 Vision models and how they connected.

DJI's Vision method of creating a wifi for the phone/tablet to connect with was always unreliable for me. My P2V+'s RE700 wifi extender was prone to overheating and its reliability was inconsistent.

I'd bet your problem is with the wifi extender and not with the app. I believe the P2V used an RE500 but the RE700 is compatible, and gives more range.

Last edited:
This question might yield better results if it was moved/posted in the P2V section of the forum.

Also, please consider changing your title to something more specific than "Lichi," which is misspelled anyway. "Can Litchi replace the DJI Vision app for my P2V" might attract the people who know the answer you're looking for.

The way the P2V and P2V+ connect to the DJI Vision app is totally different than how the P3 connects via cable to the phone or tablet and then to the DJI GO app. People familiar with the P3 and later Phantoms may have no knowledge of the Phantom 2 Vision models and how they connected.

DJI's Vision method of creating a wifi for the phone/tablet to connect with was always unreliable for me. My P2V+'s RE700 wifi extender was prone to overheating and its reliability was inconsistent.

I'd bet your problem is with the wifi extender and not with the app. I believe the P2V used an RE500 but the RE700 is compatible, and gives more range.
Thanks for that Clipper, I'm new to this forum, I'll (try) to move this to the P2V section and correct the ( auto spell) mistake thanks,
Paul.

Thanks for that Clipper, I'm new to this forum, I'll (try) to move this to the P2V section and correct the ( auto spell) mistake thanks,
Paul.

Welcome to the forum, Paul! There are a lot of great folks here and someone here probably has the answer. Asking the question the right way and in the right place can help you find it more easily.

I'll flag the thread and ask one of the moderators to move the question to the right section.

Just to summarize your situation:

You fly a Phantom 2 Vision and use the DJI Vision app on your iPhone 5c. You're not getting consistent wifi and wonder if Litchi can replace DJI Vision.

My guess:
If you're not connecting to your P2V's wifi, I'm pretty sure the Litchi question is moot. If you ARE getting a P2V wifi connection, then Litchi might be a replacement for the DJI Vision app.

EDIT: I requested mods to move this over to the P2V section.

Hi Mike,
When I try to connect to wifi which works sometimes if I'm lucky it then says "unable to connect to camera",
I was wondering if the Lichi app would solve the problem, it's a phantom 2 vision,
Thanks for reply
I think litchi is free for p2v+.I use litchi with my P3S, on Android 4.4.2 and have great experience.

I think litchi is free for p2v+.I use litchi with my P3S, on Android 4.4.2 and have great experience.
Hi Mike,
Yea I think it's free on android but not in the App Store, I've contacted DJI for a QR code maybe that'll sort it for me?
Cheers
Paul

Well I sent my PH serial number to DJI asking for a QR code, the following day it arrived, I rebinded, connected to wifi instantly and everything seems to be working fine, I've had the PV2 for 2 months and not flown it yet because of no wifi,
Thanks for your suggestions/help chaps.
Paul.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers