Licensing Popular Music: SongFreedom

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many people are legitimately concerned with using copyrighted music for their drone videos (even when they're being sold), but I imagine not enough. Here's a site I found that let's you license even top 40 music for a reasonable fee: songfreedom.com

From the Website: Songfreedom licenses Top 40, iconic, indie, epic cinematic, and other amazing music so you have the freedom to choose the type of music that best fits your video. No hoops. No huge fees. Just music.

The pricing structure breaks down like this (according to their FAQs):

Standard Licenses:

Single Use:
$49.99 for Platinum Tier songs
$29.99 for Gold Tier songs
$9.99 for Silver Tier songs

4-Use License (use a single song in 4 different projects/videos):
$99.99 for Platinum Tier songs
$59.99 for Gold Tier songs
$19.99 for Silver Tier songs

Commercial Licenses:

$199.99 for Gold Tier Songs
$99.99 for Silver Tier Songs
Platinum songs may be available for commercial license upon request and will start at $10,000 (USD).

I haven't looked much into it beyond this, but figured I'd share the information. It's good information to have

Reactions: dirkclod
That may be good but if you upload to you tube and it see it's a copyrighted song it will bark. Not sure how the song freedom would let you get by this. Best to use music and songs that are open sourced and not copyrighted in my opinion.

That may be good but if you upload to you tube and it see it's a copyrighted song it will bark. Not sure how the song freedom would let you get by this. Best to use music and songs that are open sourced and not copyrighted in my opinion.

True, I'm sure they'll bark. But if you have the right license you can show them that and they'll leave you alone I would think. It's not illegal to use copyrighted music. It's illegal to do it unlicensed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic