Let's Talk About Gains

I have lots of props (so have tried various 'sets' on this P2) and also have other DJI machines that don't do this, although they are not P2's, and the machine didn't do this prior to the last update, admittedly, I also pressed default on the gains too - maybe nothing to do with anything. Currently on 100/100/100/140 & 150/150 and it does seem better, but not cured :(

I didn't really make myself clear in my previous post.

When I went back to v1.08 all the other 'updates' remained new particularly the Central Board Firmware at v1.0.1.31 and that certainly wasn't around with v1.08.

What I'd like to try, and thought I could achieve with v1.08, is getting that CBF back to an earlier version - anyone know how ?

I suspect that after all this v3.05 will pop out in a couple of days and clear this all up (for me anyway).

PhantomKid said:
I have lots of props (so have tried various 'sets' on this P2) and also have other DJI machines that don't do this, although they are not P2's, and the machine didn't do this prior to the last update, admittedly, I also pressed default on the gains too - maybe nothing to do with anything. Currently on 100/100/100/140 & 150/150 and it does seem better, but not cured :(

I didn't really make myself clear in my previous post.

When I went back to v1.08 all the other 'updates' remained new particularly the Central Board Firmware at v1.0.1.31 and that certainly wasn't around with v1.08.

What I'd like to try, and thought I could achieve with v1.08, is getting that CBF back to an earlier version - anyone know how ?

I suspect that after all this v3.05 will pop out in a couple of days and clear this all up (for me anyway).

Check out this link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21652&start=230

Gunslinger's website has all of the past DJI Phantom versions of the firmware and software, and I have heard of folks going back to previous versions. Perhaps Gunslinger can clarify how to do it specifically.

Does anyone know how to adjust the gains in "Manual mode" or does it use the Basic or Attitude gains?

Does anyone know how to adjust the gains in "Manual mode" or does it use the Basic or Attitude gains?

The only gains active are the Attitude gains (stick response/reaction speed).
The other gains are for tuning the closed control-loop used in Atti/Atti.GPS modes.

Reactions: julian46
I usually post a link for reference when possible. I forgot so here it is:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M_Autopilot_Setting
yea I saw that but wasn't sure what numbers it was using in manual mode which seems so much more responsive and scary than the "fun and safe attitude mode"

so I guess the challenge is to make manual mode a bit easier but keeping the response in attitude mode that makes it fun (with the safety net of auto-levelling when you let go of the sticks)

StackerATX, Thanks for this. My Phantom Vision is up to 1495 grams with my 900Mhz data link and Chinese gimbal. I noticed it oscillating when it returned from a flight and just assumed it was a prop issue as a couple were dinged up. Ordered a new set of DJI props but the problem persisted. Adjusting the correct gains down 20% solved the problem. Saved me quite a bit of troubleshooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic