Lets see some stills

I have a quick question, how much can you enlarge (print) a picture taken with the vision plus camera at its best setting?

thanks

Fourblade said:
Battery was fading at this point

Sorry, my sense of humour got the better of me... I haven't got anywhere near the quality of photos yet to compare with some posted in this thread - there are some truly awesome photographs from P2V+ owners out there!!

Ok gotta admit, this made my day! At work at the end of the day and this was the first time I had a good laugh! Thanks for that! :D

One of my regular flying areas - Point Cartwright - Australia

Attachments

• PC 4a.jpg
    PC 4a.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 334
....The tallest building in the world in the backdrop of some fantastic mosque architecture and old Arabic shipping port......Dubai !

Attachments

• Dubai4 (1280x819).jpg
    Dubai4 (1280x819).jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 337
Taking a pic of my boat from above.

Attachments

• Top view.jpg
    Top view.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 296
lg54 said:
I have a quick question, how much can you enlarge (print) a picture taken with the vision plus camera at its best setting?

thanks

Don’t underestimate this camera. If you tile it you can do large prints. Here’s a couple of mine that I printed out as a test. Just shot these quickly with my camera phone. Both are printed on canvas. 48 x 14.

Attachments

• dji_photosize1.jpg
    dji_photosize1.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 381
  • dji_photosixe2.jpg
    dji_photosixe2.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 366
srandall25 said:
180degreephotography said:

Smart sharpen is actually a photoshop dialog just like unsharp mask but it gives you more control over noise reduction at the same time. One other thing is that I do a lot of localized noise correction in the shadow areas.

This image is a good example of needing localized noise correction in the dark areas of the storm cloud. I could pull out detail but I also pulled out a lot of noise.
If you could give away all your secrets in a nice youtube video that would be greaaaaat... lol :) but seriously... ;)

I would seriously even consider paying for something like that. A specific tutorial would make life so much easier than trying to read the Photoshop manual.

I appreciate that, I really do. I wish I could condense 20+ years of photography experience into a YouTube video but I’m not competent or patient enough to do so. Honestly a lot of this is trial and error. Duplicating results you see here doesn’t happen every time and a lot comes down to visualizing the shot you want first and then going out and photographing it.

lg54 said:

That might be a good topic for a thread of its own since the answer is "it depends."

The camera on the vision is small with a small sensor and small lens. You're not going to get magazine-cover quality shots with it (at least not without a lot of post production work). Enlarging the image will usually make the deficiencies more obvious.

I've made 4x6 prints from some of my Vision stills and they look fine. They are not quite the quality of prints I get from my Canon Point-and-Shoot camera, but they are good enough that I'm not embarrassed to share them. And they certainly aren't anything like what I can do with my DSLR. But ... the Vision produces images that are usually of wide landscapes, so the lack or quality is made up for by the expanse and unique perspective of the imagery.

Using techniques like "180" has described you can improve the quality of larger prints. I don't have quite the Photoshop skills that he has, but I used some compositing when creating a banner using a photo from my Vision.

-- Roger

Re: R: Lets see some stills

Stadio San Paolo,Naples,Italy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410985602941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410985602941.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 238
Photo of Shelter Cove Harbor on Hilton Head Island, SC taken with a P2V+. Now that tourist season is over and Beach Patrol is off for the winter I should have more freedom to shoot at the beaches, Harbour Town, and the rest of the area. Unfortunately, it's been mostly overcast skies and rain for the past two weeks but the forecast for next week looks good. I'm not happy with the video quality of the P2V+ so I ordered a P2 and a GoPro HERO3+ Black. I can't wait for that to arrive!

Attachments

• sheltercover-sm.jpg
    sheltercover-sm.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 282
Little 'ole South Wales (UK) and a favourite place called Nash Point at low tide, strong sun, late evening. I have left the curvature in here as I prefer it. Gives the shot added height effect, this was taken at 400 feet.

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama2_final8000.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama2_final8000.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 318

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart