Lessoned Learned

Reaction score
I bought my P1 as a Christmas present. I had a Blade MQX that I was using as a "trainer/crasher/rebuilder". And then I got the FPV bug. Shopped until I dropped and got a used Hero3 white then I got the BacPac then I got the LCD viewer then I got the Wasabi battery charger and three batterys. Never can have enough batterys! The next the was the Storm "Easy" FPV system. Virtually a plug and play. Very happy with the end result.
Next was Gimbal or not? Since I wasn't going professional or with the goggles I decided....no gimbal. Then I wanted telemetry for the screen. So the DJi iOSD was purchased. I blew the 1st one up and then discovered the apparent "shortage" of DJi parts. Or the jacking up of prices due to the supposed/anticipated shortfall of inventory.
Anyway.
The point is that I put it all together. And flew it! And it flew really well! And I got some altitude ands really got a great view. And ran a couple of batterys down. I did discover that there is a serious difference in the landing at speed. Need to get into the throttle a lot sooner. Thank goodness for prop guards and a tough Hero3! Minimal damage.
I have decided to put the FPV aside for a bit. I really need to get some more flight time. Jumping into things a bit too soon. I am going to get used to GPS and then into ATTI mode. Then put the gear back on.
So, lesson learned. Enthusiam can often outweigh practicality. Going flying. Later,folks

ive pretty much done the same thing, phantom 1.1.1 brand new, then needed video so went for gopro hero 3 black brand new, then needed more flight time for bought 5 extra batteries (turnigy 2200) then decided i wanted gimbal so ordered cheap one from china, then wanted fpv so bought a fatshark predator plug and play kit, my gimbal arrived yesterday and with everything fitted im lucky to get 5 / 6 mins max.

Think i've went too far too soon, should have waited and got a bigger quad for all the accessories and maybe just FPV'd the phantom naked.

Also, I never really touched atti mode much until i started flying fpv, now i rarely goto gps mode, only if i want the phantom to stay still for a while.

Question for you: Why don't you catch it while you land?

I't actually much easier to try and land it, and will ensure there is no damage to the Phantom.

Let it hover in front of you to make sure it doesn't drift first. Hold it, turn the stick down. Done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31