Lens Hood

dataway said:
Should be simple enough to modify it to fit over a filter but I don't have the filter set if you give me some dimensions I can do a re-design and send a prototype overt to you for testing..

Yours won't work with a filter kit. Where yours attaches the filter kit has a rubber gasket and the metal ring goes over that.

If I sketch up on paper my landing gear extension idea can you prototype it?

[
dataway said:
As for Landing Gear extension mentioned in the thread these clip on the original phantom landing gear to give a little more height.

I am going to print a set see how they work out...
those are nice. Curious to see how they look installed

@gfredrone - sure I can give it a go for you just sketch up your idea and pm it to me and I will see what I can do.

@skipholiday - I will print them up tomorrow and get a picture posted

dataway said:
@gfredrone - sure I can give it a go for you just sketch up your idea and pm it to me and I will see what I can do.

@skipholiday - I will print them up tomorrow and get a picture posted
great thanks

Mosleyh said:
gfredrone said:
Makes sense.

Would you be up for making some clip on landing gear extension skids as well. The goal would be to make them look as stock as possible. Almost like a direct extension of the current skids.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10106

My 3D guy is too busy to help out right now. I have an idea in my head but am unable to put it into a 3D model.

I've thought of giving that a go while I wait for my RotorPixel Gimbal, but my printer is down at the moment. I'd really like some that flip up and still fit in my tradecraft case.

+1

tomwato said:
SlackerATX said:
I think I found the same lens hood that worked for skip.

http://www.amazon.com/JennyShop-Black-C ... 6JBVTKWYGQ

$5.61 shipped delivered 2-3 days.

Can you still have the filter combined with the lens hood?
yes works perfect.
Hood1.jpg

Okay, so I'm a little confused - as usual :)

Does this lens hood help eliminate prop shadow? Or does it only help with glare?

GneeChee said:
Okay, so I'm a little confused - as usual :)

Does this lens hood help eliminate prop shadow? Or does it only help with glare?
Yes? :D I'm expecting improvement in both. More so with prop shadow, because the props are a fixed angle from the lens. If you've noticed the circular halo when pointing towards the sun I think the lens hood to help some when not pointing directly towards the sun. I think the halo is mainly a problem because the terrible reflective face.

GneeChee said:
Good to know - thanks for the info. I've read good things about the flat black stickers for the camera that is being sold by http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-bezel.php

Once I fitted one of these I got no glare whatsoever in my cheap filters. Vignetting from one of them? Yes! But the stickers have killed all the reflections that were causing me to have halo and other artefacts. As an added bonus you can remove them if you want to sell on the aircraft - not quite so easy if you've taken a black sharpie to it! :)

Why would anyone fit a hood to the vision?

Warning, fit the screw on hood and this is what you get :) Ordered one from Amazon yesterday, arrived today, took a test photo and its going in the bucket this afternoon (the hood that is) :evil:

Attachments

• with-hood.jpg
    with-hood.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 400
Pull_Up said:
GneeChee said:
Good to know - thanks for the info. I've read good things about the flat black stickers for the camera that is being sold by http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-bezel.php

Once I fitted one of these I got no glare whatsoever in my cheap filters. Vignetting from one of them? Yes! But the stickers have killed all the reflections that were causing me to have halo and other artefacts. As an added bonus you can remove them if you want to sell on the aircraft - not quite so easy if you've taken a black sharpie to it! :)

Ordered some of these as well :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues