Lens cap/gimbal lock for the SE

Reaction score
Anyone already found a good solution for the lens/gimbal when transporting the SE? I've found some great solutions but they all seem only to fit on the other Phantom 3 models;

The PolarPro solution will not fit because of the flat cable on the SE front-left;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Droningon solution also will not fit (the ADV/Pro has on front-right some I think cooling ribs which is different from the SE);

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't like the solution from DJI itself. The lens-cover and gimbal-lock will not come off easy :-(

Looks like the Neewer lens-cover will also hold the gimbal. Anyone already used it?

Last edited:
Looks like everyone loves the stock lenscover and gimbal-lock :p:D

I love me new one doing both :cool: and also a cover for battery

se1.jpg

se2.jpg

I’m really looking for something like this. Is the fit unique for the SE model? Every accessory seems much more expensive for SE model.

Last edited:
Hi all!

I ordered this one from aliexpress for my phantom 3 SE and it works very well. Much easier than the original. :)

I'll second this... took a while to arrive but my bright red one from AliExpress arrived last week - seems to do the job beautifully and so much easier than the original lens cover and gimbal lock.

I'm still sold on the Original one, I've tried other ones and didn’t like them Once you remove the original one a couple of times it gets easy to use, I feel like it supports the whole mechanism better.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I'm still sold on the Original one, I've tried other ones and didn’t like them Once you remove the original one a couple of times it gets easy to use, I feel like it supports the whole mechanism better.
The original one is a pain in the *** removing it. It's true it will have better support, so when you travel a long way it maybe better to use that one, but my backpack is enough for proper support holding the drone in it's place.

The original one is a pain in the *** removing it. It's true it will have better support, so when you travel a long way it maybe better to use that one, but my backpack is enough for proper support holding the drone in it's place.

With the drone on its side it’s easy to remove/install the standard gimbal lock Your backpack may support your drone but without a support for the gimbal you risk damaging it

With the drone on its side it’s easy to remove/install the standard gimbal lock Your backpack may support your drone but without a support for the gimbal you risk damaging it
I know that. My lens cap/gimbal lock does support the gimbal, doesn't go anywhere and comes off a lot easier :) You easier damage your gimbal pulling off the original one IMHO.

I put a Dot of Red Paint on the oem gimbal protector right where its got a small square peak and a dot on the drone where that small square peak slips In it....That made it a breeze to install after my flights.it orients very simple and easy now.

I have attached a red flag to it and its says "Remove Before Flight" !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic