leaving Phantom at hotel

Just get it insured. Personal article policy. $60 a year with State Farm. Includes theft and loss. No worries flying or leaving it in the room.

You are worrying about nothing. Hilton is a good hotel and you are prob in a good neighborhood.

How many travelers leave expensive computer equipment in their rooms, worth more then your drone?

I would also leave your drone in the room, you ain't flying in DC lol

Reactions: FASTFJR and AyeYo
You are worrying about nothing. Hilton is a good hotel and you are prob in a good neighborhood.

How many travelers leave expensive computer equipment in their rooms, worth more then your drone?

I would also leave your drone in the room, you ain't flying in DC lol

Ditto, OP you sound a little paranoid. I've been to Seattle, Vegas and San Fran staying at Holiday and Comfort Inn's never had an issue. If your worried just put it on the shelf in the closet where they keep the ironing boarding etc...

The cleaning crew won't have a clue what your drone is if they even bother to look. Put it with your bathroom stuff and they will likely shrug it off as a sex toy.

> worried about the staff stealing your stuff?

Nothing has ever been stolen from a hotel room?
Ever? In the last hour worldwide?

Unless you are staying in a cheap motel, that crackheads used to go to get high... I will not worry if the hotel is 4+ stars... they have decent workers and policy in place.

It's a 15 mile radius ban, and another 15 miles beyond that of restricted airspace. Total of 30 miles. But the restrictions for the restricted airspace are the basic guidelines for drone flying anyway, so it's not much of a restriction for us. I'm just outside the ban area, but still inside the restriction zone.

Not that it matters but every hotel has to have a vault and is available for valuables of customers, and many have the little safe in the room which would be way to small for a drone, but might fit a pistol. LOL

Also just in case it has not been said, inside of every decent hotel, around the doors, there are always this magnet things that said "do not disturb". No one employee from the hotel will bother to enter your room.

RC & battery can fit in room safe;
how to secure bird (P4P+);
won't have car trunk to put it in
for 5 days of 21-day road trip,
carrying around WashDC impractical;
laptop cable lock looped through legs...?
give to hotel baggage room?
(Hilton chain, if it matters)
Advice sought! Thanks.
You were right the first paragraph. "give to hotel baggage room". It's the Hilton. If it's missing, guess who gets a brand new Phantom. You'll want to keep the receipt for the baggage room of course. You are totally covered.

RC & battery can fit in room safe;
how to secure bird (P4P+);
won't have car trunk to put it in
for 5 days of 21-day road trip,
carrying around WashDC impractical;
laptop cable lock looped through legs...?
give to hotel baggage room?
(Hilton chain, if it matters)
Advice sought! Thanks.

Use a hard Pelican style case with secure padlock. Loop quality cable through hanger bars and lock back to case. It is how I lock my stuff. They can cut the lock, but obvious. Do NOT put in zippered case, a pencil can disengage the teeth, steal what they want, run locked zipper around and it looks untouched.

You may have answered this already and I overlooked it. Why take the P4 with you at all? If were me and I was going to be somewhere that I knew I couldn't fly, I wouldn't bother taking it to begin with.

Aside from that, many great ideas have been suggested. Good luck!

Lol, I travel all the time, never use the room safe and have never had a problem. I stay at a Mariott brand hotel for work and pleasure. About once a month in DC for work (Greenbelt Mariott) I normally have thousands of dollars worth of stuff with me. Just put your bag or case against the wall with the rest of your stuff and nobody in a halfway decent hotel will mess with it. Start slapping padlocks and security measures on it, it will get attention, but probably still not be messed with. Those hotel cleaners don't care dude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez